Gridiron Grill? Pizza?

glhs837

Power with Control
Okay, are they any good, bad, indifferent? Compare and contrast to other pizza joints? Or par with say Ruddy Duck or Chiefs, what I consider the local gold standards for high quality ingredients. More of a Nicolletis or Ledos? Or down with take out level, although personally I prefer Poppa Johns to either Nicolletis or Ledo. WE wnt once or twice after they opened, never really wwwent back, and have a couple recent reports that the pizza is pretty good.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Okay, are they any good, bad, indifferent? Compare and contrast to other pizza joints? Or par with say Ruddy Duck or Chiefs, what I consider the local gold standards for high quality ingredients. More of a Nicolletis or Ledos? Or down with take out level, although personally I prefer Poppa Johns to either Nicolletis or Ledo. WE wnt once or twice after they opened, never really wwwent back, and have a couple recent reports that the pizza is pretty good.

I've never had their pizza. I don't think they are on par with Ruddy Duck for most of their menu, but their wings are pretty darn good. They have various types and in varying degrees of hotness. They're not like a take out joint. (although, I like Papa John's!)

frequentflier

happy to be living
Craving their wings :drool:

I don't think I ever tried their pizza because I love love love their wings so much!

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gridiron Grill is not even close to Ruddy Duck in terms of pizza or anything else. It's a sports bar and the food is mediocre at best.

If I were in that area and wanted pizza, I'd go to Chief's.

glhs837

Power with Control
have you done pasta night?

We did the other night, and we both had lasagna, and while the flavors were great, the texture was lacking, just didn't seem as firm as I would expect. I also prefer my meat to be in the lasagna, not a whole sausage on the side.

glhs837

Power with Control
Drive? they are actually only 3 miles away, but for some reason we don't go to them that often...... I think on their A game, they fall below Chiefs and Ruddy, and above Ledos and the chains. But I think sometimes they are not as consistent as we might wish.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We did the other night, and we both had lasagna, and while the flavors were great, the texture was lacking, just didn't seem as firm as I would expect. I also prefer my meat to be in the lasagna, not a whole sausage on the side.

A whole sausage on the side is never a bad thing.

Jusr sayin'. :coffee:

glhs837

Power with Control
:jet:

actually meat on the side is traditional Italian. Meat sauce in your lasagna is all American-II-taal-yun.

Not looking for meat sauce, but actual sausage pieces in the lasagna. Like pizza, I kinda like the American way better, get them flavors working together

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like it both ways. Monello makes meatless lasagna and we have meatballs or sausage on the side. But I also like mine, which is chock full of beefy and porky goodness.

glhs837

Power with Control
St James.. Worth the Drive..

Drive? they are actually only 3 miles away, but for some reason we don't go to them that often...... I think on their A game, they fall below Chiefs and Ruddy, and above Ledos and the chains. But I think sometimes they are not as consistent as we might wish.

Not tonight it wasn't. Neither pizzas crust was really done, the pepperoni with half olives came out as half pepperoni and half olives, and the pepperoni was so sparse that two slices each only had one piece of pepperoni on each one. They are off the list.