Calvert County Unveils "Prepare Me Calvert" App

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Calvert Co has an App!

The Calvert County Department of Public Safety Division of Emergency Management announces the launch of a new app that will help residents and visitors prepare for emergencies. The official launch of the “Prepare Me Calvert” app occurred today, Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2015, after the Calvert County Board of County Commissioners proclaimed September “Calvert County Preparedness Month” at its weekly public meeting. The “Prepare Me Calvert” mobile app is a must-have app for emergency preparedness and information. It puts critical, real-time information at users’ fingertips in the unlikely event of a regional emergency and helps residents stay prepared. Citizens are encouraged to download “Prepare Me Calvert” now for iOS (Apple) and Android devices for free through the Apple App Store or the Google Play market.

Some of the many features of the app include:
  • Alerts for actual emergencies that scroll across the screen
  • A weather section providing information based on users’ geographical locations along with guidance on how to respond to the weather conditions
  • Information on traffic, shelters, school closings and power outages
  • An “I’m OK” feature allowing users to send messages to loved ones—when phone systems are clogged in an emergency—letting them know their status during an emergency
  • A “Where Am I” feature that can send the user’s exact location to any recipient via text, email, Facebook or Twitter
  • A sign-up area for people to register themselves if they, or a loved one, have special needs, want to sign up to receive Calvert Alerts or who wish to join the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0915/calvertcountyunveilspreparemecalvertmobileapp.html

I like it!