Man threatens to kill 'all the white people' in La Plata

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Some local young man (now identified as Carlos Anthony Hollins, age 22, of Waldorf) on Twitter made a threat this afternoon to "Kill all the white PPL in the town of La Plata" His Twitter id is "_TRVPCOCAINE" and his tagline is "some black guy in avi"

So, someone alerted La Plata Police (several people indicate they did so right in the Twitter stream) and the LPPD issue the attached PR.

THREATS MADE AGAINST THE CITIZENS OF LA PLATA

On September 2, 2015 at approximately 4:43 P.M., the La Plata Police Department was alerted to a threat of violence against La Plata residents that was made on social media. The agency is working with allied law enforcement agencies to establish the creditability [sic] of the threat and the identity of the individual. The tweet read, "IM NOT GONNA STAND FOR THIS NO. MORE. TONIGHT WE PURGE! KILL ALL THE WHITE PPL IN THE TOWN OF LA PLATA"

More information will be forthcoming. The Department has added extra officers to patrol in an effort to protect the public.

The gentleman says, via Twitter, that it was all a joke

https://twitter.com/_trvpcocaine <====> Careful now, language and imagery may offend some folks. ( UPDATE 03-SEP :: Twitter account suspended )

In this tweet made at 7:41 pm, he posts a video of himself walking into an unidentified police station (now identified as a Charles County Sheriff's Office in Waldorf), saying he is turning himself in. Strangely, he hasn't posted since then, so maybe he is in lockup, or perhaps is going to swear off Twitter for a while.

He was probably just playing the fool, but, given the current environment and recent executions of police officers, local police would be foolish not to take it seriously.

Attachments

• CN8Hn2sWsAA4Olo.jpg
    CN8Hn2sWsAA4Olo.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 806
  • la plata threat.PNG
    la plata threat.PNG
    94.3 KB · Views: 783
  • wg6GATBT.jpg
    wg6GATBT.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 901
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 769
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 763
Last edited:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
some more screen captures from Twitter

More twitter snags...some third party commenters have already started deleting their tweets...

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 628
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 608
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 628
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 654

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Going to Jail

Looks like they're going to make an issue out of this. Arrest warrant issued for Carlos Anthony Hollins; he is now in custody of Chas. Co. Sheriff's Office.

UPDATE: The La Plata Police Department identified the individual who tweeted the threat against La Plata residents. An arrest warrant has been obtained for Threats of Mass Violence. An arrest warrant was issued for: HOLLINS, Carlos Anthony B/M/6-02/140/Black Hair/Brown Eyes/D.O.B. 2/2/1995 of Waldorf, Maryland.

At 2047 hours, Mr. HOLLINS was taken into custody without incident by the Charles County Sheriffs Office in Waldorf.

UPDATE 03-SEP :: Booking Photo added. Hollins' Twitter account suspended. Did any grab a copy of his video turning himself in?

Attachments

• CN8MGcnWsAArFYb.jpg
    CN8MGcnWsAArFYb.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 935
  • 19726-Hollins-Carlos-Anthony.jpg
    19726-Hollins-Carlos-Anthony.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
That is some scary stuff and so close to home. What do y'all say here? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I posted a while back when Michael Brown was killed that I was driving down Adelina and 3 black guys were walking on the side of the road. When I passed them, they put their hands up in the 'hands up, don't shoot' thing. No one is really safe anymore. Add this to the Islamic extremists, assault on police, and Farrahkan calling on volunteers to kill white people. America has a lot of lock and loading to do. As always, jmo.

BlueBird

I wish I knew an interpreter so I could understand what the tweets say. No wonder their unemployment rate is so astronomically high. Who the hell would want to hire these thugs?

Anyhoo, glad the cops were all over this and that the perp was arrested.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Unfortunately he'll walk because black lives matter and they don't want riots to start in PG South.

BlueBird

Unfortunately he'll walk because black lives matter and they don't want riots to start in PG South.

Why would there be a riot? Black Lives Matter is a peaceful non hate group. Midnightrider will be along soon enough to educate everyone.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Looks like they're going to make an issue out of this. Arrest warrant issued for Carlos Anthony Hollins; he is now in custody of Chas. Co. Sheriff's Office.

Crooks ARE stupid! :lol:

Post your threats on SOCIAL MEDIA!! Way to reach a 1,000 peeps within minutes. :yay: :yay:

Inkd

They should make an issue out of it. As far as I'm concerned it's akin to yelling fire in a crowded movie theater.

Has anyone heard any more about this?

I have my doubts that much more will come of it, but we'd probably need to know more about the context to have a fair sense of whether it will. Yeah, the guy's a dumbass; a lot of people are. And he said something stupid, I'd guess more likely than not jokingly. But with Twitter and other social media our voices carry much further than they used to. It's not like it used to be years ago when people said all kinds of stupid stuff and most of the time little came of it because, e.g., it didn't travel far enough or outside of certain circles.

So, was he being serious? Would someone that was following him, and other things he said, reasonably think that he actually intended to go purge La Plata of white people? That's more or less the objective standard for the true threats exception to free speech protections. I think the Fourth Circuit has adopted that standard as opposed to the subjective standard that the Ninth Circuit has adopted and which the Supreme Court has, arguably, suggested applies. Under a subjective standard he could only be criminally punished for that statement if he actualy meant for people to take it as a serious threat (rather than, e.g., as a joke).

So was he joking around or just venting a bit? Or had he said other things that might make reasonable people think he was actually serious?

BernieP

Resident PIA
I believe they did take it seriously wonder if he will be able to post the $250,00.00 bail money.

first they have to find the person (can't use any words that may describe gender)

Maryland unveils standards to end discriminatory profiling

In December 2014, the U.S. Department of Justice issued similar guidance on police profiling and then-Attorney General Eric Holder asked states to follow suit. Maryland is the first state to do so with the adoption of these standards, according to a press release from the Maryland Attorney General’s Office.

The guidance goes further than existing state law prohibiting racial and ethnic discriminatory profiling by expanding the definition to include national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability and religion. Additionally, it applies to a broader range of policing actions beyond traffic stops, according to a press release from the Maryland Attorney General.

The guidelines from Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh include two standards: one for routine activity and one for investigative activities.

During routine policing activities unconnected to investigations of a specific crime, the guidelines state that “law enforcement may not consider race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or religion to any degree.”

During investigative work, law enforcement may only consider race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or religion if “police are in possession of credible information that makes the defining personal characteristic directly relevant to the investigation of a specific offense, organization, or scheme.”

Joyce Freeland, president of the Calvert County NAACP, said the Calvert NAACP is “very pleased” with Frosh’s actions, and said it levels the playing field for everyone to be treated fairly when they encounter law enforcement. Freeland also said she hopes all law enforcement abide by the guidelines and that they will foster a better relationship between law enforcement and the community.

so how do they find this fine, upstanding citizen?

BOP

Some local young man (now identified as Carlos Anthony Hollins, age 22, of Waldorf) on Twitter made a threat this afternoon to "Kill all the white PPL in the town of La Plata" His Twitter id is "_TRVPCOCAINE" and his tagline is "some black guy in avi"

So, someone alerted La Plata Police (several people indicate they did so right in the Twitter stream) and the LPPD issue the attached PR.

The gentleman says, via Twitter, that it was all a joke

https://twitter.com/_trvpcocaine <====> Careful now, language and imagery may offend some folks. ( UPDATE 03-SEP :: Twitter account suspended )

In this tweet made at 7:41 pm, he posts a video of himself walking into an unidentified police station (now identified as a Charles County Sheriff's Office in Waldorf), saying he is turning himself in. Strangely, he hasn't posted since then, so maybe he is in lockup, or perhaps is going to swear off Twitter for a while.

He was probably just playing the fool, but, given the current environment and recent executions of police officers, local police would be foolish not to take it seriously.

I wonder if by "all white people" he meant that stupid little white girl that took up with him.