Trump signs the Pledge

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The art of the deal. :coffee:

IMG_20150903_151934.jpg

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In case you missed it this means everyone else is gonna have to sign too and endorse him when he wins the nomination.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I'm quite sure this isn't an enforceable contractual instrument. It's an ego stroke for Rancid Peenus.

R

rhenderson

If Trump wins the nomination, no problem - pledge is meaningless for him. If he does not get the nomination, I expect he will claim that the party establishment promised he would be fairly but they reneged on that promise - therefore he is no longer bound by the pledge.

Hijinx

If Trump wins the nomination, no problem - pledge is meaningless for him. If he does not get the nomination, I expect he will claim that the party establishment promised he would be fairly but they reneged on that promise - therefore he is no longer bound by the pledge.

Trump isn't running anyway. After he has had his fun he will drop out and probably step aside, He may not continue to hurt the rest but he isn't going to work to get them elected either. I would like to see the deal he made with Bill Clinton.

Bann

PREMO Member
That is an enormous stroke for bull#### party politics. Boo.

I agree that it seems that way - but I think it's like what I read somewhere yesterday - that he is removing that question from the table for the next debate. There are those who think he is not seriously running and who think he is another Ross Perot.

I think he did it to show he is seriously running and other candidates will have to take him seriously and endorse him if they get out. :shrug: Maybe not.

Bann

PREMO Member
Trump isn't running anyway. After he has had his fun he will drop out and probably step aside, He may not continue to hurt the rest but he isn't going to work to get them elected either. I would like to see the deal he made with Bill Clinton.

Conspiracy theory? :lol: You're just mad that he IS still in the race and has been getting support that he has.

Hijinx

Conspiracy theory? :lol: You're just mad that he IS still in the race and has been getting support that he has.

I don't have anything against your supporting him. In fact if he wins the nomination I will probably vote for him.

I just keep remembering when he said he was going to send investigators to Hawaii to find the truth.

I am not mad at all. I just feel he is playing a game. It's fun to watch, but I still think it's a game for him.
One day we will see who is right. No sense in being put out about it.

H

Hodr

There are those who think he is not seriously running and who think he is another Ross Perot.

That's the whole point though; as long as he has any standing in the poles, and he is willing to do the nuclear option (run independent), then he hold all the bargaining chips. Either he is the Republican nominee, or he is the man with the power to hand the election to the Dems.

Why would he give that up? What was he promised in return?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Given the reality of how well he is doing it is non sense to think he is not getting serious about the brass ring.

If and I mean IF he continues to talk the way he did yesterday he's gonna win.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Given the reality of how well he is doing it is non sense to think he is not getting serious about the brass ring.

If and I mean IF he continues to talk the way he did yesterday he's gonna win.
Following eight years of Obama I hope we can survive Trump.

This_person

I listened to the Hewitt interview and then looked at the accomplishments of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, thought about the overarching accomplishments of the Obama administration that Biden was brought into for the purposes of his foreign affairs experience, and determined that Trump's ignorance would not make things worse. I would rather vote for someone with knowledge and experience that is positive, but if the choice is untested ignorance against demonstrated incompetence, I will choose the ignorant. At least ignorance (acknowledged) can be educated. Incompetence, like Clinton and Biden, goes straight to the bone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would rather have a candidate who stood behind their convictions and said flat out that they will not support "any Republican" and if they don't win the nomination they will give the Party the finger and take it to the people.

You trying to tell me that if Jindal or Huckabee wins the nomination (which they won't, but let's say) that Trump will endorse them and duty dance on their behalf? I don't believe that. Even he doesn't have that much polish in his shoe box, nor has he ever given an indication that he would use his powers of persuasion for anyone but himself. He might hang with Christie, but I can't see him supporting any of those other dip####s.

Dear Trump: BOOO!!!!! Don't bang with that gang! That is NOT why your poll ratings are so high.

Bann

PREMO Member
I don't have anything against your supporting him. In fact if he wins the nomination I will probably vote for him.

I just keep remembering when he said he was going to send investigators to Hawaii to find the truth.

I am not mad at all. I just feel he is playing a game. It's fun to watch, but I still think it's a game for him.
One day we will see who is right. No sense in being put out about it.

I am not supporting him. It's too early (for ME) to throw my 100% support to anyone. I am reading, watching & listening to ALL the candidates in and on debates, articles, shows, etc.

SamSpade

That is an enormous stroke for bull#### party politics. Boo.

Yeah but - I get it. See, right now he is trying to secure the nomination of the Republican Party. Why? Because if he got the nomination of the Constitution Party right from the start, he'd had substantially less chance of winning.
He'd only be able to run on his name alone. He wouldn't be getting the media attention on the same scale. Ask Ralph Nader.

Remember, it's a political PARTY. The PARTY has the right to choose. If it was a tiny party with just a dozen members, THEY get to choose their nominee.
Right now, the party has an investment in Trump. He gets to go around and declare himself a Republican and make use of Republican venues and apparatus. Sure, it's his dime, but there's an established infrastructure of conservative
events and outlets that he gets to use - but only as a Republican.

This is what sucked with Perot. It's what happens any time a failed nominee goes and runs independently AFTER failing to secure the nomination of a major party.

I say, if he wants to run independently - he should do that RIGHT NOW. If not, be a party player and do what everyone else does and support the party.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

In my view, we did not survive Dubbya. He changed us on a basic level with so many major, far reaching expansions of government. Obama is simply the first person after the changes and, as a avowed big gummint type, predictably, has simply grabbed the powers available.

Trump, as the first serious candidate devoid of ANY government work, totally entrepreneurial type that I can even think of presents a rather intriguing opportunity. As I've stated before if he sees his WINNING as directly associated with vastly improving the state of the middle class in the US, he could be a fantastic, tremendously successful President.

I mean, BOTH parties have supported policies specifically to deplete the middle class and reward the poor and the rich and I don't mean one benefited one and the other the other. I mean both parties have rewarded the rich and poor at the specific expense of the middle class and THAT is where Trump can, EASILY, win IF he keeps of the rhetoric of yesterday; "I oppose illegal immigration and welcome legal immigration with open arms". There are 100 million voters he is appealing to directly when he says;

"We're losing to China because of poor leadership.
We're losing to Japan because of poor leadership.
We're losing to the special interests because BOTH parties are beholden to them
We're losing to Russia
We're losing to Iran, to Saudi, to everybody

...because of poor leadership and I know how to win. I know how to build things, tremendously successful things, people talk about how amazingly, successfully, tremendously I am a leader, a winner, not a loser, tremendous leadership guy."

If, IF, IF he keeps it up, keeps attacking the failures of BOTH parties he can NOT lose. Mitt did this briefly and soared ahead only to stop it and suffer the consequences.

Regardless of his original intents, get in, have some fun, see how it goes, he is SUCCEEDING and winning calling everyone else a loser and promoting himself as the winner. America, like we were after Carter, is STARVING for a winner. :shrug: