Fun times!

bilbur

https://interactive.marylandtaxes.com/extranet/cpb/paychkcalc/PayChkCalc.aspx

That is a link to the Maryland payroll calculator. You plug your annual salary, plus all non-standard deductions, and it gens out your net pay. In most cases, with no other deductions, you will be paying more in taxes than you get to keep.

Yes, the government takes most of the money you earn.

Not sure why we continue to put up with this crap.

While I do agree taxes are too high and things like social programs need to be reformed and sending billions over seas is outrageous, I also see the need for taxes. We need paved roads, we need the military, we need jails, etc... In a way taxes built this entire county because without the base there would be very little here. So I guess my question is, are you against all taxes or do you just want tax reform?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While I do agree taxes are too high and things like social programs need to be reformed and sending billions over seas is outrageous, I also see the need for taxes. We need paved roads, we need the military, we need jails, etc... In a way taxes built this entire county because without the base there would be very little here. So I guess my question is, are you against all taxes or do you just want tax reform?

Clearly there is a need for taxes, but when we are giving more of our pay to the government than we get to keep something is seriously wrong.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
This calculator does not take into account every fuel, property or services taxes.

Put it all in there and they probably get 75%.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I wonder how fast a lot of useless Gov. Programs would get de-funded if Americans could choose where their TAX Money Went.

luvmygdaughters

A lot Marylanders moving out of state, fewer to tax so they have to increase what we pay, to make up for it. Hopefully, Hogan do something about bringing corporations and business back to Maryland. Lord knows, Owe Malley did enough to chase them out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Interesting considering an event that helped polarize citizens for revolution in the 18th century was a 2% tax on tea.

Well, they didn't have DirecTV back then or everyone would have been too busy watching reality programs to revolt.

https://interactive.marylandtaxes.com/extranet/cpb/paychkcalc/PayChkCalc.aspx

That is a link to the Maryland payroll calculator. You plug your annual salary, plus all non-standard deductions, and it gens out your net pay. In most cases, with no other deductions, you will be paying more in taxes than you get to keep.

Yes, the government takes most of the money you earn.

Not sure why we continue to put up with this crap.

I think you might be entering annual pay (or income) where you're supposed to be entering weekly (or bi-weekly) pay. It isn't set up to take annual salary.

Unless you make a whole lot of money (high 6-figures annually, approaching the million-per range), the results shouldn't show more in taxes than what you get to keep. It shows too much for taxes, no doubt, but not more than half. (Though, it seems it doesn't account for the other half of FICA taxes paid by the employer - that would push the portion that goes to taxes up.)

Oh wait... Is this your subtle way of telling us that you're getting filthy rich off of this site?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh wait... Is this your subtle way of telling us that you're getting filthy rich off of this site?

Hah, I wish.

I didn't see where it said anything about the pay field, except that's where you put your, you know, pay. Where did you see which number to enter? I will prepare to feel slightly better about the amount I'm kicking in. We're going to play golf, so this might cheer me up when I get back. :jet:

Hah, I wish.

I didn't see where it said anything about the pay field, except that's where you put your, you know, pay. Where did you see which number to enter? I will prepare to feel slightly better about the amount I'm kicking in. We're going to play golf, so this might cheer me up when I get back. :jet:

I guess you found it, but for others: Under Earnings the Regular Pay field isn't for annual pay, it's for weekly or bi-weekly or monthly. And then under that there's a place to select which period it is for.

Well, for fun I tried it with my monthly pay instead of annual.

I don't feel better. :mad:

You aren't supposed to fell better. You're just supposed to pay your taxes, damn it! Your fair share!

Have fun on the course. This is the first Saturday morning in many months that I haven't played. I don't know what to do with myself. I can't seem to get myself into a mode to be productive. I'll probably have to wait until I would normally be home to be able to do anything. :frown: