Stick a fork in Ted Cruz

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
'Cause he's done.

He's on Kelly File right now saying that Kim Davis is being persecuted for her Christian faith. So, on that note, he's almost certainly out of the running.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I KNOW RIGHT? I thought I was seeing things when I read that this morning. Honestly, what the heck.

I don't have a problem with her expressing her religious beliefs and following them. BUT NOT on her job. (Government paid, no less)

awpitt

Main Streeter
I KNOW RIGHT? I thought I was seeing things when I read that this morning. Honestly, what the heck.

I don't have a problem with her expressing her religious beliefs and following them. BUT NOT on her job. (Government paid, no less)

Exactly. It's her job to issue marriage licenses. She needs to do her job or resign.

Hijinx

'Cause he's done.

He's on Kelly File right now saying that Kim Davis is being persecuted for her Christian faith. So, on that note, he's almost certainly out of the running.

Not too bright a thing for Cruz to do.
What is strange is that Trump has expounded on many things that these guys could have jumped in on and made hay.
They ignored his stands and jumped on this.

H

Hodr

I think this really speaks to these candidate's low opinion of their target voters. They believe that the religious right can't tell the difference between a church being forced to allow gay weddings and a government office being forced to perform the duties of that office.

'Cause he's done.

When was he not done? As a presidential candidate that had a chance to win, that is?

So many of them do it, but he's one of the worst when it comes to pandering to ignorance. He just says what he thinks his core wants to hear without regard to whether it makes any sense, is reasonable, or is BS. He's just not as slick about it as some of them are, he's not as much a natural salesman.

I think he's actually quite a bright guy, but he seems to restrain his own ability to reason - or at least what it might have him say - so as to be able to appeal to a certain and easily-delineable constituency. He's chosen to keep dancing with the one who brung him, so to speak. I don't think, at this point, he has much chance of expanding his appeal beyond them. So, supporting the false narrative with regard to Kim Davis is the best option for him. It doesn't cost him much with most of those that are likely to be supporting him anyway, and it further cements the bond of inanity between him and them.

I never thought any of them had a chance anyway, but Cruz did. I mean, not anymore but he did.

So whattaya say, Marco Rubio? You want to give Trump a race or are you stuck on stupid, too? Will google and return with results....

More and more lately it seems to me that the Universe is converging on wanting Joe Biden to be our next President.

When it comes to the Republicans there are only 3 (out of the often referred to 17, the most recognized candidates) that are still in contention for me to vote for them in the primary. That's not to say I'm terribly impressed with those three. It's just that the rest have, one by one, said or done things that made me think - no, I just can't vote for that person. As I pay more attention to the remaining candidates they may well do much the same.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When it comes to the Republicans there are only 3 (out of the often referred to 17, the most recognized candidates) that are still in contention for me to vote for them in the primary.

Share with the class?

I'd be okay with Joe Biden. If it's between him and Rand Paul, I'd vote for Biden with no hesitation.

Share with the class?

I'd be okay with Joe Biden. If it's between him and Rand Paul, I'd vote for Biden with no hesitation.

Mrs. Fiorina, Mr. Kasich, and Mr. Bush.

Mr. Rubio has been lurking in the periphery of the 'still not ruled out' field. I don't recall why I would have eliminated him, but something in the back of my mind keeps telling me that I have. So I guess he's not really ruled out yet, at least not until I remember why I would have or he gives me other reasons to. :lol: And, as a personality, I like him more than most of the rest.

To be clear, none of those represent check marks yet. They just don't represent Xs yet. The order in which candidates get Xs is likely happenstance to some degree, it doesn't speak to some sort of ranking. It's when I hear enough things from them to add up to a - no, I don't think I can vote for them. Those things often have to do with pandering to ignorance or nonsense, telling people what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear.

Hijinx

Mrs. Fiorina, Mr. Kasich, and Mr. Bush.

Mr. Rubio has been lurking in the periphery of the 'still not ruled out' field. I don't recall why I would have eliminated him, but something in the back of my mind keeps telling me that I have. So I guess he's not really ruled out yet, at least not until I remember why I would have or he gives me other reasons to. :lol: And, as a personality, I like him more than most of the rest.

To be clear, none of those represent check marks yet. They just don't represent Xs yet. The order in which candidates get Xs is likely happenstance to some degree, it doesn't speak to some sort of ranking. It's when I hear enough things from them to add up to a - no, I don't think I can vote for them. Those things often have to do with pandering to ignorance or nonsense, telling people what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear.

I like Fiorino, but Kasich and Bush????????????????????????? Whew, they stink.

SamSpade

Exactly. It's her job to issue marriage licenses. She needs to do her job or resign.

And that's really the answer. If you work in an abortion clinic and it conflicts with your beliefs, get a job elsewhere.

Minimally, the state can transfer her to a job where she doesn't do that. But she really can't claim persecution when the law allows it and she works for the state.

That said - if she ran her own business, she could do what she likes.

This_person

And that's really the answer. If you work in an abortion clinic and it conflicts with your beliefs, get a job elsewhere.

Minimally, the state can transfer her to a job where she doesn't do that. But she really can't claim persecution when the law allows it and she works for the state.

She's an elected official (Democrat), not just an employee of the state. They can't really transfer her from her elected position.

You might be speaking of other situations, or government employees in general, but just to be clear about this particular situation: The state can't transfer her to a different job, she's an elected official. There are deputy clerks that work in her office that could possibly be transferred or fired. But she can't be fired anymore than the Attorney General could. Voted out during the next election or impeached? Yes.

She's an elected official (Democrat), not just an employee of the state. They can't really transfer her from her elected position.

:frown:

I guess I need to respond to posts as soon as I open threads rather than starting responses while I'm trying to do other things and sometimes taking a while to finish them. :smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Exactly, and I think this is where the discussion is getting derailed.

This woman is NOT a government employee - she is an elected official. She was voted into that office by the people of her county.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:frown:

I guess I need to respond to posts as soon as I open threads rather than starting responses while I'm trying to do other things and sometimes taking a while to finish them. :smile:

Apparently that fact cannot be stated enough, because we STILL have people who are thinking that she is a mere employee. Smart people, like Sam and Bob, so it's not just low information types.