NW Georgia Sunset

GopherM

Darwin was right
This was our sunset from the back deck on Saturday.

P1000885.jpg

stgislander

PREMO Member
Back around 2004 I was participating in a 4x4 off-road rally called Raid North Georgia. It was basically running around the Chattahooche mountains between Ellijay and Dahlonega. What I remember most was the beautiful scenery and thinking this wouldn't be a bad place to live.

The strangest thing I remember was we were driving on some winding road in the mountains, and suddenly popped up outside of a US Army base. What was strange was that the base was not identified on any of the 5-6 maps we carried.

Camp Merrill most likely. When I hiked the AT with my kids over spring break this year, the Rangers brought a water buffalo to a pass so that hikers could have water.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Camp Merrill most likely. When I hiked the AT with my kids over spring break this year, the Rangers brought a water buffalo to a pass so that hikers could have water.

Thanks! We saw some soldiers hiking in formation alongside the road and thought they were Rangers. :buddies:

GopherM

Darwin was right
Would you like me to call them?

Don't do that. Since the power lines run over my property, they come out and prune the trees and haul away the branches for free. So far I am not picking up any radio stations on my fillings so life is good.