Bus Stops

Jayn

Jay
Hey I was just wondering, will the sts bus stop to pick up someone by the road at the entrance leading to the new theater. And will there be a bus stop at the theater..

FED_UP

Hey I was just wondering, will the sts bus stop to pick up someone by the road at the entrance leading to the new theater. And will there be a bus stop at the theater..

http://www.stmarysmd.com/dpw/stsfares.asp
Non-Scheduled Stops

To pre-schedule "Pick-up" or "Stop Requests" please call 301-863-8400 x 1120 Monday - Saturday between 5:30 A.M. and 8:30 P.M. When our offices are closed, arrangements can be made by leaving your name, bus route and telephone number after the pre-recorded message. Otherwise, arrangements can be made with the individual drivers upon boarding the bus.

Remember, all passengers are required to be at the designated vehicle stop at the times listed. If no one is waiting at the location and no on-board passengers are exiting, the vehicle will not stop, but will continue to the next stop location. Buses will stop to discharge or pick up passengers at locations along any regular route (flag stops), if traffic and road conditions permit the safe operation of buses. Passengers wishing to board a vehicle at a location along the route between identified stops should "flag" the vehicle by signaling to the driver (hand waving is acceptable). The driver will stop as close to the passenger as possible as long as stopping is not a safety hazard.

General rules for flagging:

Be at a safe location (typically 50 feet before an intersection/street corner) along the route Be on the appropriate side of the street (i.e. northbound, southbound, etc.) Be clear in flagging the driver Determine the approximate vehicle arrival time at the flag location (based on times identified on the schedule for designated stops surrounding the flag location) and arrive early. If you are able, call STS ahead of time so the driver can be notified to be looking for you. This will decrease your chances of being missed or not seen by the driver.

bilbur

I was under the impression that STS will stop any ware and every ware if someone flags them down. I have had them slam on the brakes and dart onto the shoulder to pick someone up on the side of the road. Of course that caused me to slam on my breaks and the guy behind me to cut off the people in the fast lane to avoid hitting me but yes, he picked up the guy walking on the side of the road in Hollywood.