Cats that are stressed will be put down if not fostored ASAP

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We have been trying for months to place several adoptable kitties that are stressed in temporary care. At the minimum we need to find a foster home where these young kitties can live a normal life. Ideally we will find an adoptive home through the fostering process (either the foster home adopts or someone they know).

We have several kitties that the vet has deemed to be "stressed" that are not eating well and are not maintaining a healthy weight. The vet said that if these kitties continue to lose critical weight we will need to put them down to end their suffering. Being a rescue, we do not want to put down kitties that are normally healthy and happy. They only need to be in a home environment to be happy again. We have lost a foster home due to illness, so these kitties are being confined to small spaces and are in need of a foster home immediately.

PLEASE if you can't help, share this info. with people you know so we can find foster homes. We have a total of 6 kitties that are awaiting foster home placement, we place them in 2's at a minimum so they have a buddy with them to help with their adjustment.

We had a lady from FB who offered to take 2 stressed kitties back in late July, said she's be out of town until mid August but would take them upon her return. We contacted her about taking the kitties and she said ok then no word from her for over a week (said she lost her phone), she then scheduled for a day last week, then we have heard nothing else from her. If this is some sort of game, it isn't in any way funny at all to put these kitties through the additional waiting for someone who wants to act childish, or cruel as some have commented.

All kitties have been spayed/neutered, had basic Vaccinations, are NEG for fiv/felv, have been de-wormed, are on flea/tick preventative, and some have microchips. All kitties get long with other kitties well :smile:.

We are willing to help with food, and litter for the fosters, or we can give you a tax deductible receipt for the expenses you incur while fostering.

MaryAnn.jpg 2014-01-18_16-47-07_250-1.jpg ForumRunner_20150219_223642.jpg ForumRunner_20150219_223550.jpg Smokey.jpg

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We are still seeking placements for stressed young kitties that range from 1 to 3 years old. The stressed ones are the most critical at this time. If you can foster a kitty, adopt a kitty, or offer an outdoor home for a barn kitty, please let us know. We are at a critical point and several kitties are so stressed they are not eating well and have lost a lot of weight. The vet said they need to eat better asap of they will need to be put down to end their suffering. The kitties have been held awaiting foster/adoption in limited space for so long that they are getting stressed out and not eating well.

"

The cat’s body is equipped to handle short-term stress but it’s the chronic, long-term stress that can play a big role in the development of behavior problems and even disease. The body wasn’t designed to handle ongoing, relentless stress.

Signs of chronic stress can be very easy for cat parents to miss. The cat may start hiding more often or might have a decrease in appetite. "

Is Your Cat Stressed?

It's been a learning experience for us, and we are hoping we can get these stressed kitties into homes asap to literally save their lives. If you can foster a kitty, we can either provide you with the supplies needed, or we can give you a tax deduction receipt for your expenses caring for the kitty. We need help, please help us find placements for the kitties.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Cat stress. So sorry with the world going to crap. From hearing about cats for the last 50 years, it seemed obvious that cats were in control. Guess not.

Nothing mean here. Just reality.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Cat stress. So sorry with the world going to crap. From hearing about cats for the last 50 years, it seemed obvious that cats were in control. Guess not.

Nothing mean here. Just reality.

Maybe that's just it, they are being held in limbo pending placement, so don't have a place of their own to be in charge?

CrashTest

I fostered 3 kittens a few years ago. When they got adopted it was really hard seeing them go. Harder than I thought it would be. Not sure I could do that again.