Commute..

dave1959

Does anyone commute (drive) from Somd to Rockville ??
What's it like , what time do you leave, how long does it take..

chess

low 5... hi 5......
I use to do it years ago.. Depends on when you leave obviously....

If you leave at 4am, it will take you roughly 90 minutes.

Leave at 6am, probably 2-2.5 hours

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Does anyone commute (drive) from Somd to Rockville ??
What's it like , what time do you leave, how long does it take..

what time do you have to be in Rockville ?

when ever I had to travel that way the top of the beltway - from where 95 meets the DC Beltway - before the New Hampshire Ave exit all the way around past the 270 exit was a parking lot moving at 5-15 mph, with slow downs at every exit, from 50 all the way around

Hannibal

I can tell you it takes about 45 minutes to get from Waldorf to the split at 495 and 95. And that's starting at about 520AM. From there, I can't help you but I do know that I see A LOT of brake lights heading further up 495 to 70. That does leave the option of hitting the ICC (which starts just a mile or two up 95). I would think that would cut a good bit of time off your trip but might cost you an arm and a leg.

SoMdDude

I can tell you it takes about 45 minutes to get from Waldorf to the split at 495 and 95. And that's starting at about 520AM. From there, I can't help you but I do know that I see A LOT of brake lights heading further up 495 to 70. That does leave the option of hitting the ICC (which starts just a mile or two up 95). I would think that would cut a good bit of time off your trip but might cost you an arm and a leg.

Funny I live in Waldorf and can get there in 30 minutes leaving at 5

edit: sorry misread your post, thought you said 495/395 split lol