Punk kids on murdercycles

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And how many car crashes in the area yesterday? How many fatalities? How much lost work, medical costs, insurance costs, lost time sitting in traffic in a massive herd?

I don't excuse reckless riding. I do object to the use of 'murder' in describing a couple of numb nuts who, we'll note, bumped into cruisers and went down, killing no one, not even themselves. Give me a fleeing motorcycle over a fleeing car every day and twice on Sundays. Find some proper penance, some sewers need cleaning, and life goes on.

:buddies:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I see a$$holes like this on 210 all summer long .... 75-90 in a 55 blasting up the road

genetic disposition of the criminals fits from what I have observed as well

I am glad to see some of these scofflaws finally caught

Restitution

There was some moron on a crotch rocket yesterday. Wearing T-shirt, shorts, and sneakers just blasting up NB 235 racing up the dashed line between cars. I am sorry but it is idiots like that who give motorcycle riders a bad name. He must have been doing 80. If just one person decided to make a lane change or even get close to the divider, that guy would have been in idiot heaven!

MMDad

Lem Putt
And how many car crashes in the area yesterday? How many fatalities? How much lost work, medical costs, insurance costs, lost time sitting in traffic in a massive herd?

I don't excuse reckless riding. I do object to the use of 'murder' in describing a couple of numb nuts who, we'll note, bumped into cruisers and went down, killing no one, not even themselves. Give me a fleeing motorcycle over a fleeing car every day and twice on Sundays. Find some proper penance, some sewers need cleaning, and life goes on.

Moral equivalency = logical failure. Because some people are more dangerous, we shouldn't consider 100 in a 45 in traffic to be all that bad? Should we also ignore assault since it isn't murder? Ignore strong arm robbery since they don't use a gun?

glhs837

Power with Control
Larry, the murdercycle thing was a joke playing on cagers names for bikes :) My real point was that the common conception among a lot of folks is that any bike they piloted in a stupid manner has to be operated by a 20 year old kid who thinks he's immortal. When in reality, at least around here, that might not be the case. And to pint out that the common biker conception that they can just get away through speed isn't always true, at least here in St Marys and Calvert, where running options are limited.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Question: Did the one (of the three) that stopped at the red light get away?

bilbur

Sorry, but if anyone gets hit at 100 mph with a car or a bike or a rock for that matter, they are dead. Going that fast is a huge middle finger to anyone else on the road and anyone caught going that fast should have their license revoked indefinitely and their vehicle confiscated. Just because they didn't kill anyone does not mean the potential wasn't there. I realize the potential is there even at 20 mph but at that speed there is no time to react and the potential for someone to pull out in front of them is greatly increased. If someone on a crotch rocket slammed into the side of my vehicle at 100 mph I would be so pi$$ed that I would feel like finding the biggest chuck of what was left of his body to beat the hell out of. If the idiots that do this crap want to kill themselves it is their purgative but they don't own the roads and people walking or driving in the area should not have to worry if they will be taken out by a chuck of metal traveling at 100.

glhs837

Power with Control
So next time I hear someone refer to car drivers as "cagers", I can get all bent out of shape, right?

Sure, but us bikers don't care :) It's a simple description. You are in a cage. Pretty factual. Every single one of you. Whereas the number of motorcyclists who murder anyone besides themselves is pretty low.

EDIT: Removing from the set of "motorcyclists" any one percenters :)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Moral equivalency = logical failure. Because some people are more dangerous, we shouldn't consider 100 in a 45 in traffic to be all that bad? Should we also ignore assault since it isn't murder? Ignore strong arm robbery since they don't use a gun?

I think 100 in a 45 is bad and am glad they got busted.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sorry, but if anyone gets hit at 100 mph with a car or a bike or a rock for that matter, they are dead. Going that fast is a huge middle finger to anyone else on the road and anyone caught going that fast should have their license revoked indefinitely and their vehicle confiscated. Just because they didn't kill anyone does not mean the potential wasn't there. I realize the potential is there even at 20 mph but at that speed there is no time to react and the potential for someone to pull out in front of them is greatly increased. If someone on a crotch rocket slammed into the side of my vehicle at 100 mph I would be so pi$$ed that I would feel like finding the biggest chuck of what was left of his body to beat the hell out of. If the idiots that do this crap want to kill themselves it is their purgative but they don't own the roads and people walking or driving in the area should not have to worry if they will be taken out by a chuck of metal traveling at 100.

I'm glad they got arrested.

Now, to the impact on society of cars vs. that of bikes...... anyone?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There was some moron on a crotch rocket yesterday. Wearing T-shirt, shorts, and sneakers just blasting up NB 235 racing up the dashed line between cars. I am sorry but it is idiots like that who give motorcycle riders a bad name. He must have been doing 80. If just one person decided to make a lane change or even get close to the divider, that guy would have been in idiot heaven!

So, of course, all the mayhem car drivers commit is looked at the same way by you, yes? Reasonably, you'd see them as giving car drivers an even worse reputation, a bad name? Or, do you only generalize and lump riders all together based on the actions of a few?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't believe the impact has anything to do with the vehicle it has to do with how big of a jerk is behind the controls.

So you disagree with the stigmatizing of riders in general based on individual actions that amount to a hill of small beans vs. car mayhem?

So, of course, all the mayhem car drivers commit is looked at the same way by you, yes? Reasonably, you'd see them as giving car drivers an even worse reputation, a bad name? Or, do you only generalize and lump riders all together based on the actions of a few?
I'm willing to bet he doesn't automatically think "murdercycle" when he spots a "crotch-rocket" doing pretty much the normal speed limit and not zig-zagging in traffic.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
So next time I hear someone refer to car drivers as "cagers", I can get all bent out of shape, right?

Wow! Who would of thought you needed a reason, I always thought that was just, well, normal. :lmao:
:duckingandrunningforcover: