welfare and cigarettes

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Ok, how exactly is that Bush's fault? Obviously this would have gone better if the clerk just gave them the cigarettes. just make everything free and give the taxpayers the bill. :sarcasm:

Just another Chimp out.........

......................they are almost getting boring....they all look the same

littlelady

God bless the USA
Our country is going to hell in a hand basket. So, what are citizens going to do about it? That is the question no one wants to answer.

bilbur

Our country is going to hell in a hand basket. So, what are citizens going to do about it? That is the question no one wants to answer.

I can guarantee you this, the answer will never come as long as Democrats act like Democrats and Republicans act like Republicans and Tea Partyers act like Tea Partiers. The answer can only be a compromise and there is so much animosity between all the parties that I don't see that happening anytime soon.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I can guarantee you this, the answer will never come as long as Democrats act like Democrats and Republicans act like Republicans and Tea Partyers act like Tea Partiers. The answer can only be a compromise and there is so much animosity between all the parties that I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Ok, but to the OP... what sort of compromise would you like to see that will result in people to stop believing they can get everything free, and when they are told "you can't use food stamps for cigs" they just simply say "ok, thank you" and walk away or pay cash? How do we get there? I mean they are already getting food stamps - FREE MONEY. That's not good enough. They want to be able to use that FREE MONEY for anything they want. When they are told 'no' they trash the place. What, in the name of "Democrats act like Democrats and Republicans act like Republicans" caused this mentality?

Kinnakeet

Ok, but to the OP... what sort of compromise would you like to see that will result in people to stop believing they can get everything free, and when they are told "you can't use food stamps for cigs" they just simply say "ok, thank you" and walk away or pay cash? How do we get there? I mean they are already getting food stamps - FREE MONEY. That's not good enough. They want to be able to use that FREE MONEY for anything they want. When they are told 'no' they trash the place. What, in the name of "Democrats act like Democrats and Republicans act like Republicans" caused this mentality?

JUST LIKE BABOONS IN THE JUNGLE FIGHTING OVER FOOD:jameo:

bilbur

I agree with you, welfare and food stamps were never meant to be a way of life, it was meant to be a temporary solution. I would be fine if they made the people on welfare submit bills that are paid directly from the office instead of giving them money and food stamps should only be for the bare necessities. I also wish they would have drug testing and stiff penalties for breaking the rules. This money comes from everybody and we are getting no return on our investment. The democrat attitude seems to be give them everything while the republican attitude is take away everything. While I think it needs to be reformed and seriously scaled down I do recognize a need for welfare and food stamps and a temporary solution.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I agree with you, welfare and food stamps were never meant to be a way of life, it was meant to be a temporary solution. I would be fine if they made the people on welfare submit bills that are paid directly from the office instead of giving them money and food stamps should only be for the bare necessities. I also wish they would have drug testing and stiff penalties for breaking the rules. This money comes from everybody and we are getting no return on our investment. The democrat attitude seems to be give them everything while the republican attitude is take away everything. While I think it needs to be reformed and seriously scaled down I do recognize a need for welfare and food stamps and a temporary solution.

:yay:

Rommey

You give them the money who cares how they spend it.
I do! We (society) give them money for a specific reason, so one would expect them to use that money for what its intended for. If they can spend "food" money on anything besides food, then they really didn't need assistance.

If you gave money to a beggar on the street because they claimed they were hungry and you find they went straight to the liquor store and bought booze instead of food...would you be mad? would you likely give money to that person in the future?

vince77

I do! We (society) give them money for a specific reason, so one would expect them to use that money for what its intended for. If they can spend "food" money on anything besides food, then they really didn't need assistance.

If you gave money to a beggar on the street because they claimed they were hungry and you find they went straight to the liquor store and bought booze instead of food...would you be mad? would you likely give money to that person in the future?

I don't care what they spend it on, ensuring compliance just cost more. I'm not a big spending conservative.