Something wicked this way comes... (Joaquin)

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Heads up for Monday. At the moment this storm is looking frighteningly like a repeat of Isabel, maybe with stronger winds.

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2015/hurricane-Joaquin

http://www.footsforecast.org/

http://justinweather.com/

If you're the praying type, pray with me that it hooks out to sea and never impacts the US coast.

I really hope it doesn't turn into another Isabel. We now live in a house surrounded by very large and old trees.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Florida. The state with the highest hurricane insurance premiums, yet we get hit way less than the rest of the Gulf or Atlantic states. Go figure. Hope wherever Joaquin hits damage is minimal at worst, with no loss of life.

Don't be stupid - if ordered to evacuate, evacuate, please. Don't be like the Katrina's or the TS Sandys........

Vince

Right now, even the European model has it tracking straight for Atlantic City NJ. Looks like we'll be on the outer part of it. Wind, rain, etc. :shrug:

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Hopefully, this storm event does not interfere with the O's or Nats playoff push......Oh, wait.....errrrr.......

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I really hope it doesn't turn into another Isabel. We now live in a house surrounded by very large and old trees.

Us too. I need to bug bomb the basement in case I need to sleep down there. :jameo:

luvmygdaughters

Supposed to leave Friday to attend grandsons wedding in NC. We plan on being home by Sunday, when is it expected to hit?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Supposed to leave Friday to attend grandsons wedding in NC. We plan on being home by Sunday, when is it expected to hit?

Check out the first link posted. There is a 5 day forecast and it shows it's possible movements. Hope it stays more east of us.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I need to P.M. my generator first; it hasn't been run in a while.

Good idea. I serviced my 8kw about 2 weeks ago, and the little ones (Honda EU's) get regular use and maintenance so we should be good to go.

It's high water I'm worried about; I've got tons of "stuff" that needs to be moved and/or elevated if another Isabel is on the way.

Prepped my gennys last week, got fuel, etc.... and got comments, why did I do all that?

Well, now I'm ready, don't have to do a thing to prepare, and can ride it out.

Good idea. I serviced my 8kw about 2 weeks ago, and the little ones (Honda EU's) get regular use and maintenance so we should be good to go.

It's high water I'm worried about; I've got tons of "stuff" that needs to be moved and/or elevated if another Isabel is on the way.
You need to build a floating platform or two and store "stuff" on them. When the tide rises, so will they. There was a front-loading landing craft kind of boat for sale down in Dahlgren a while ago, that would have been perfect for you.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You need to build a floating platform or two and store "stuff" on them. When the tide rises, so will they. There was a front-loading landing craft kind of boat for sale down in Dahlgren a while ago, that would have been perfect for you.

I've been wanting a landing craft for a long time. Not for hurricanes, so much, but as for a way to regularly move materials, fuel oil, and equipment back and forth to St. Catherine's Island. Most of the military landing craft routinely up for auction are too large though....

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I've been wanting a landing craft for a long time. Not for hurricanes, so much, but as for a way to regularly move materials, fuel oil, and equipment back and forth to St. Catherine's Island. Most of the military landing craft routinely up for auction are too large though....

We lost our only barge we had for ferrying equipment to the island earlier this summer. A small landing craft would be nice to have access to.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We lost our only barge we had for ferrying equipment to the island earlier this summer. A small landing craft would be nice to have access to.

We should talk. We might be able to share or coordinate operations to the extent that a decent small landing craft could serve both islands.

These are the times I wish I had followed thru on my Captain's license. I'd have a great time piloting between islands for you guys.