Is Roman Catholic Christian?

C

Chuckt

[video=youtube;CfXweS_6ybE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=108&v=CfXweS_6ybE[/video]

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
No, we worship goats and sheep.....Jesus who?

Gee whiz I thought you were a genius....and knew everything....

seekeroftruth

I know a lot of people in the RCC. They believe Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior. That makes them Christians.

Every denomination has problems. Some say the Baptists are wrong because we believe that the Holy Spirit talks to us and helps us interpret scripture. Some say other denominations are wrong because they have women preachers.

:coffee:

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
What, exactly, was the point of this post? I mean seriously, what was your point in posting that video? Are you that ignorantly book smart that you really did not know Catholics are considered christians?
Or, perhaps, just maybe, you're an ass who likes to troll?

It's a shame, really, because if you are as smart as you think you are, you could use that knowledge for good.

C

Chuckt

What, exactly, was the point of this post? I mean seriously, what was your point in posting that video? Are you that ignorantly book smart that you really did not know Catholics are considered christians?
Or, perhaps, just maybe, you're an ass who likes to troll?

It's a shame, really, because if you are as smart as you think you are, you could use that knowledge for good.

New International Version
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/7-21.htm

No, Roman Catholicism and Christianity are not the same thing. Christianity is properly defined by certain doctrines that are revealed in the Bible. It is not defined by simply saying that as long as you believe in Jesus, you're a Christian.
Is Roman Catholicism and Christianity the Same Thing?|The ...
https://carm.org/is-catholicism-christian

C

Chuckt

I know a lot of people in the RCC. They believe Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior. That makes them Christians.

Every denomination has problems. Some say the Baptists are wrong because we believe that the Holy Spirit talks to us and helps us interpret scripture. Some say other denominations are wrong because they have women preachers.

:coffee:

There is always a problem when someone follows a man like the Pope instead of hear from God directly. You think you're Christian because a man says so but what if the man is wrong?

And they will say they have done many wonderful works so that makes them a Christian because they did the Lord's will, you know:

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

But God says:

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
There is always a problem when someone follows a man like the Pope instead of hear from God directly. You think you're Christian because a man says so but what if the man is wrong?

And they will say they have done many wonderful works so that makes them a Christian because they did the Lord's will, you know:

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

But God says:

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You're a false prophet and a squawking parrot ........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 358

Radiant1

Soul Probe
It always amuses me that people who want to diss the pope with these particular scripture verses fail to realize that those same scripture verses could pertain to themselves. The irony is thick.

C

Chuckt

It always amuses me that people who want to diss the pope with these particular scripture verses fail to realize that those same scripture verses could pertain to themselves. The irony is thick.

The irony is thick because the Pope refers to himself as the vicar of Christ and he isn't. So the irony is that he thinks it pertains to himself (the Pope) instead of the Holy Spirit (God).

Jesus does indeed predict a “vicar” in the sense of a “replacement” for His physical presence here on earth. However, this “vicar of Christ” is not a priest, high priest, bishop, or pope. The only biblical “Vicar of Christ” is the Holy Spirit. John 14:26 declares, “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” John 14:16-18 proclaims, “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever — the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” The Holy Spirit is Christ’s “replacement” on the earth. The Holy Spirit is our Counselor, Teacher (John 14:26), and guide into all truth (John 16:13).

In claiming that the pope is the “Vicar of Christ,” the Catholic Church rejects the sufficiency and supremacy of Christ’s priesthood, and grants to the pope roles that Christ Himself declared would belong to the Holy Spirit. It is therefore blasphemy to ascribe to the pope the title of “Vicar of Christ.”

http://www.gotquestions.org/vicar-of-Christ.html

Radiant1

Soul Probe
The irony is thick because the Pope refers to himself as the vicar of Christ and he isn't. So the irony is that he thinks it pertains to himself (the Pope) instead of the Holy Spirit (God).

http://www.gotquestions.org/vicar-of-Christ.html

:whoosh: The irony is that you don't think those scripture verses could possibly pertain to you, and apparently you still don't which means it's grown even thicker.

You've made yourself your own pope by even attempting to tell others what to think, say, or do in regards to the scriptures. You've been doing that since the day you came on the forums. So, should someone listen to the pope? gotquestions.org? You? You're a man just like the pope, what if *you're* wrong, hmm?

He that has ears to hear, let him hear...

C

Chuckt

:whoosh: The irony is that you don't think those scripture verses could possibly pertain to you, and apparently you still don't which means it's grown even thicker.

You've made yourself your own pope by even attempting to tell others what to think, say, or do in regards to the scriptures. You've been doing that since the day you came on the forums. So, should someone listen to the pope? gotquestions.org? You? You're a man just like the pope, what if *you're* wrong, hmm?

He that has ears to hear, let him hear...

I think you would blame every non-Catholic in making themselves their own Pope if they didn't believe in Catholicism.

God wrote His word down because people lie and if the Bible agreed with Catholicism then Catholics wouldn't need the organization "Catholic Answers".

I'm fallible just like the pope and I'm glad you compared me to the Pope because I'm fallible. I make mistakes.

I should start making a list why I'm not wrong.
(1) The Bible disagrees with Catholicism.
(2) God has my address and didn't call me to Catholicism.
(3) God has called some of us and we have heard His voice through scripture:

X. The supreme judge by which all controversies of religion are to be determined, and all decrees of councils, opinions of ancient writers, doctrines of men, and private spirits, are to be examined; and in whose sentence we are to rest; can be no other but the Holy Spirit speaking in the Scripture.(z)

-The Westminster Confession of Faith (1647) by Various | Reformed Theology Articles at Ligonier.org

They can hear God's voice. I heard God speaking through scripture in Church, called up a friend in another country, spoke the scripture and it had the same effect here that it had there because people are conscious of God's voice speaking through scripture. They get startled and their conscience is pricked.

The revivals were started because they heard God's word speaking through scripture.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Cool. Does his voice sound like they portrayed it in Mony Python's Holy Grail? I've always wondered.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I think you would blame every non-Catholic in making themselves their own Pope if they didn't believe in Catholicism.

God wrote His word down because people lie and if the Bible agreed with Catholicism then Catholics wouldn't need the organization "Catholic Answers".

I'm fallible just like the pope and I'm glad you compared me to the Pope because I'm fallible. I make mistakes.

I should start making a list why I'm not wrong.
(1) The Bible disagrees with Catholicism.

-The Westminster Confession of Faith (1647) by Various | Reformed Theology Articles at Ligonier.org

They can hear God's voice. I heard God speaking through scripture in Church, called up a friend in another country, spoke the scripture and it had the same effect here that it had there because people are conscious of God's voice speaking through scripture. They get startled and their conscience is pricked.

The revivals were started because they heard God's word speaking through scripture.

Squawwwwkkkk............Catholics are bad.......Catholics are bad........Squawwwwkkkk

Attachments

• parrot3.jpg
    parrot3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 141

littlelady

God bless the USA
Run out of arguments? Brain freeze from eating too much water ice?

I have responded to you a few times in your time here. I have said before that I am not knowledgeable enough to discuss religion, but, in my ignorance, you come across as some out there guy. What is exactly your purpose here? I will say, you have no chance of making one convert to whatever it is you believe in. I am not sure you believe in what you believe in. You are all over the place. As always, just my opinion.

C

Chuckt

I have responded to you a few times in your time here. I have said before that I am not knowledgeable enough to discuss religion, but, in my ignorance, you come across as some out there guy. What is exactly your purpose here? I will say, you have no chance of making one convert to whatever it is you believe in. I am not sure you believe in what you believe in. You are all over the place. As always, just my opinion.

To use my first and nineth amendment rights.

inkah

New International Version
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica®.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/7-21.htm

Ok. So now I know how NOT to be a Christian. Can you tell me, simply, in your own words, what it takes to be a Christian?

C

Chuckt

Ok. So now I know how NOT to be a Christian. Can you tell me, simply, in your own words, what it takes to be a Christian?

In order to understand Christianity, you have to understand blood atonement. In the old testament, you slaughtered an animal and placed your hands on the neck of the animal and felt its blood drain out and that sacrificed was a temporary covering for your sins that allowed you to approach a holy God.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Except means no other excuses. Unless you are born from God above, you cannot see the kingdom of God. Many people have different interpretations of what born again means but it means second birth or born from above and you can't live forever without it because when Adam ate the fruit, we all died spiritually so unless you are born a second time, you won't be alive spiritually. I didn't just believe but the light turned on.

Repentance was a step and asking forgiveness for my sins was a step but it wasn't the cure.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Salvation is something that Jesus purchased for you through His once and for all sacrifice on the cross and gives his gift freely so the formula is grace through faith through Christ alone plus nothing. The faith is placed upon Jesus' finished work upon the cross that Jesus died, was buried, and rose again and your faith and trust in Him is what saves you.

So how do you believe in someone you don't know about. You read the Bible and learn who God is and faith comes from the Word of God.

When you place your faith on your ability or efforts, you negate his gift.

Believing the gospel is in 1 Corinthians 15 and works are not mentioned for salvation.
Hebrews 11 over and over says "by faith" and not "by faith and baptism".

Jesus wants you to identify publically with Him through baptism.
And then you put on the new man.

But you have to examine yourself and see if you really are saved and you can have assurance that you are saved.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.