Lawful neutral

Attachments

• 1450311145181659021.jpg
    1450311145181659021.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Might be better used to do away with 50-100 federal elected officials at once.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hey Gilligan... you need one of these for the wall of the clubhouse.

I found one recently. A 4-gauge (big..but not nearly as big as the on in OP picture). But with the current bid price over 3 grand, it's out of our price range.

Last edited:

Foxhound

Finishing last
Way back in high school I shot an 8 gauge. Knocked me on my them 135 pound butt. I would hate to think what this punt gun felt like.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Way back in high school I shot an 8 gauge. Knocked me on my them 135 pound butt. I would hate to think what this punt gun felt like.

They were always fired "fixed in carriage"...securely (more or less) mounted in the hunting punts. Hunters were known to have drowned when the recoil of those monsters caused damage to, or capsized, their punts.

Homer J

Power Chord
They were always fired "fixed in carriage"...securely (more or less) mounted in the hunting punts. Hunters were known to have drowned when the recoil of those monsters caused damage to, or capsized, their punts.

Good demonstration of how they did it. They used these on the Chesapeake and it's tributaries in the 1800's.

[video]https://youtu.be/pwEwF7VAaEA[/video]

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

So I bought two Parker SxS percussion shotguns instead. An 1868 12 gauge and an 1878 10 gauge. They will look great on the wall above the fireplace in the clubhouse, below the portrait of FDR.

Is that funny too? Just curious. You really should stop by and have a look at them.

Last edited:

dan0623_2000

For anyone interesteed in seeing a real PUNT Gun, visit the St. Clements Island Museum in Colton's Point, Maryland. The Chesadine gun (the guns were named for the family that owned them) is on display in the back end of the museum.
Most of the punt guns used is this area were fired from a canoe. They were never intended to be fired from the shoulder as indicteed in the picture. Well maybe a couple of dumbasses tried it once!!!
The guns were outlawed for hunting in the late 1800s, but the government said you could keep the gun as long as you registered it. A few years later they banned the possession of the gun and federal agents, with search warrants, came knocking on doors of those who had registered them.

The Marintine Museum in St. Michaels has a few also but the ones I saw a few years ago were in bad shape, however they did have excellent waterfowl hunting displays. It was very enjoyable and educational.

Salvador

One Nation Under God
So I bought two Parker SxS percussion shotguns instead. An 1868 12 gauge and an 1878 10 gauge. They will look great on the wall above the fireplace in the clubhouse, below the portrait of FDR.

Is that funny too? Just curious. You really should stop by and have a look at them.

lol!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
For anyone interesteed in seeing a real PUNT Gun, visit the St. Clements Island Museum in Colton's Point, Maryland. The Chesadine gun (the guns were named for the family that owned them) is on display in the back end of the museum.
Most of the punt guns used is this area were fired from a canoe. They were never intended to be fired from the shoulder as indicteed in the picture. Well maybe a couple of dumbasses tried it once!!!
The guns were outlawed for hunting in the late 1800s, but the government said you could keep the gun as long as you registered it. A few years later they banned the possession of the gun and federal agents, with search warrants, came knocking on doors of those who had registered them.

The Marintine Museum in St. Michaels has a few also but the ones I saw a few years ago were in bad shape, however they did have excellent waterfowl hunting displays. It was very enjoyable and educational.

Cheseldine

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
you all really need to just get it out in open, all of ya have some balls and meet face to face... What will come out of your mouths glareing at your adversary then, hummmmm.

What? Drink a couple beers and swap some jokes. Sounds like a great time.