The Martian ....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I'll wait until the DVD, or I get another $50 gift certificate for birthday/anniversary coming up. the last movie last month cost $45 bucks for three, with military discount.

DVD rocks.....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'll wait until the DVD, or I get another $50 gift certificate for birthday/anniversary coming up. the last movie last month cost $45 bucks for three, with military discount.

DVD rocks.....

dont be cheap, go see this on the big screen ... 99% of the movies out there, I wait until they hit the internet, this one is worth the $$

do what I did hit a matinee

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I went into this theater totally expecting some corny sci-fi, or something cheezey like that one from last year with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.

I was NOT prepared for this film! Obviously I did not read the book, but this movie was well worth the trip to the theater! I was very surprised at how funny it was too. I can't get too far into all the nerdy science stuff so I appreciated the amount of humor. And it wasn't dummed down or anything. I'm a big Matt Damon fan (the actor, not the liberal) as well as Jessica Chastain. I'm glad they didn't turn this into some sci-fi romance either. I was half expecting some awful space sex scene. Thankfully they didn't go there.

How do you spend $45 for 3 people at the movies :confused: If I really need a snack I bring it in my purse :shrug: but I'm usually fine just buying the ticket. Those snack prices are that high bc people pay them. I stopped paying them. Movies does not always have to mean popcorn and soda. Also, who needs a soda at 8:30pm on a thurs? :lol:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I went into this theater totally expecting some corny sci-fi, or something cheezey like that one from last year with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.

I was NOT prepared for this film! Obviously I did not read the book, but this movie was well worth the trip to the theater! I was very surprised at how funny it was too. I can't get too far into all the nerdy science stuff so I appreciated the amount of humor. And it wasn't dummed down or anything. I'm a big Matt Damon fan (the actor, not the liberal) as well as Jessica Chastain. I'm glad they didn't turn this into some sci-fi romance either. I was half expecting some awful space sex scene. Thankfully they didn't go there.

How do you spend $45 for 3 people at the movies :confused: If I really need a snack I bring it in my purse :shrug: but I'm usually fine just buying the ticket. Those snack prices are that high bc people pay them. I stopped paying them. Movies does not always have to mean popcorn and soda. Also, who needs a soda at 8:30pm on a thurs? :lol:

Wasn't hard. Tickets with my military discount were 10 bucks each, an icee for the 18 year old, popcorn and soda for wifey and I - presto! $45!!!!!! Only cost actual $10 with the $35 gift certificate for birthday, but still the total was $45. That was at the early-bird 1800 showing as well........

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Watched this AM

OUTSTANDING movie.

Really, really good. It annoyed me twice, once when the shrink called the boss a coward, way, way over the top to set up him spilling the beans to the crew. That was sophomoric at best. And the final scene when she goes out and reals him in. Just cartoonish.

Now, I usually get annoyed with movies a few times per scene so, this was WELL above average in terms of not being too predictable or just dumb.

Great story, great flow and pacing, exciting, engaging, fun, entertaining.

:clap: