Camping Omelet

With all the talk about RVing and camping, I thought this was a good time and place to post this. Saw this on 'The Chew', a tv cooking show a while ago, but never tried it. I did today.

Basically, you mix your omelet fixins in a ziploc bag and boil it. When you're camping, the fewer dirty dishes you make, the better!

I made a 3-egg ham and cheese omelet. Put the ham, egg and a bit of milk, salt,etc... in the ziploc, seal it and mix completely. Lay the whole thing flat in a pan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Remove the cooked egg from the bag and lay it flat on your plate. Layer on the cheese and fold the egg over so it melts.

Pan is clean, throw away the ziploc. One plate, one fork dirty. Dirty coffee cup doesn't count, you'd have that anyway.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
With all the talk about RVing and camping, I thought this was a good time and place to post this. Saw this on 'The Chew', a tv cooking show a while ago, but never tried it. I did today.

Basically, you mix your omelet fixins in a ziploc bag and boil it. When you're camping, the fewer dirty dishes you make, the better!

I made a 3-egg ham and cheese omelet. Put the ham, egg and a bit of milk, salt,etc... in the ziploc, seal it and mix completely. Lay the whole thing flat in a pan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Remove the cooked egg from the bag and lay it flat on your plate. Layer on the cheese and fold the egg over so it melts.

Pan is clean, throw away the ziploc. One plate, one fork dirty. Dirty coffee cup doesn't count, you'd have that anyway.
How did it taste?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:lol: In Girlscouts, (when I was a leader) they called that "Yuck in a bag". :yay:

It was very good, but hey, I'm just saying that's what they called it!

RPMDAD

Had to look that word up, had never heard it before.

ram·e·kin
ˈramikən/
noun
noun: ramekin dish

a small dish for baking and serving an individual portion of food.
a quantity of food served in a ramekin, in particular a small quantity of cheese baked with breadcrumbs, eggs, and seasoning.