priest sacked after coming out

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Senior Vatican priest sacked after coming out as gay on eve of synod on homosexuality

It said his actions would subject the synod, which Pope Francis is due to open on Sunday, to "undue media pressure".

The issue of homosexuality and the Church dominated the aftermath of the Pope's visit to the United States last week.

In Saturday's interview, Monsignor Charamsa said his partner had helped him come to terms with his sexuality and he knew he would have to give up the priesthood, although the Vatican statement made no reference to this outcome.

"It's time for the Church to open its eyes about gay Catholics and to understand that the solution it proposes to them — total abstinence from a life of love — is inhuman," he was quoted as saying.

The Catholic Church teaches that homosexuality is not a sin but that homosexual acts are.

Hijinx

Why should the homosexuals worry about the act of having same gender sex being a sin.

Let's look at the facts:

Fact is that married heterosexual couples who have sex using birth control are guilty of a sin of the same sort .
The Church isn't changing that policy either.

They go to the Sacrament of Penance and are supposedly cleansed.
Homosexuals don't like to go to the Sacrament of Penance?

Now don't get me wrong I am not endorsing sinning and then getting cleansed. I am just stating a fact here.
Another fact is that IMO not many Catholics bother to even use this Sacrament any longer.

My opinion on a Monsignor ( a higher rank than priest) who has admitted to having a homosexual partner is that he should be removed .