Immature society

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"The US is too immature a society to be allowed to play with guns. It has never shed its Wild West mythology. Americans still use their courts to kill people, which sends a message in its own way… It’s a country that values property more than life." (M. Pascoe)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." (T. Jefferson)

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." (T. Jefferson)

lol! "This is not something Jefferson wrote, but rather comes from a passage he included in his "Legal Commonplace Book." The passage is from Cesare Beccaria's Essay on Crimes and Punishments. " Link

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
lol! "This is not something Jefferson wrote, but rather comes from a passage he included in his "Legal Commonplace Book." The passage is from Cesare Beccaria's Essay on Crimes and Punishments. " Link

Apparently he thought enough of it to cite it in his book.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You're welcome captain oblivious!

Ole boy is proof positive that there really is a threshold out there...one acid trip too many.

I'll try to get him some help when he stops by for a visit. I have some pills that will help him a lot.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Interesting that they brought up "its Wild West mythology" as the real "Wild West" wasn't as wild as Hollywood would make us believe.. In fact, even then, the towns and cities where everyone carried had very low crime rates, and in fact were the most pleasant and polite towns and cities.

TRUTH of the matter is, the towns that more reflected the image of "The Wild West" were the towns that implemented gun laws, and had zero gun policies. Where they confiscated your guns when you came to town, or if you were a local weren't allowed to bring your guns into town.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why do you repeatedly insist on a young boy meeting up with you?

The neighborly thing to do, of course, especially given your obvious fascination with my politics and hobbies. And since you claim you've been here before, surely you know the way.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I would suspect neighbors not having young children in their households consistently inviting young boys to visit them, you fit into this category. Shame on you.

It's called mentoring. It's a very important aspect of raising children in most communities. You are obviously in acute need of some effective mentoring; it might even be too late, but call me an optimist.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
lol! No, I won't miss any "mentoring" by an individual such as yourself. You should consider getting some sort of counseling.

Say...speaking of that...I've got some good contacts that could get you some help for your various substance abuse issues too.:howdy:

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Say...speaking of that...I've got some good contacts that could get you some help for your various substance abuse issues too.

lol! So because you are uncomfortable with addressing your problems with young boys, you want to digress and provide solutions to some putative accusations you dreamed up in the last few moments.