Is Chuckt a Christian?

Amused_despair

Because he sure does tend to disregard most of Christ's teachings. (Plus this title meshes so well with his Catholic-bashing thread)

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Because he sure does tend to disregard most of Christ's teachings. (Plus this title meshes so well with his Catholic-bashing thread)

No, he's a false prophet and a squawking parrot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 204

b23hqb

PREMO Member
No, he's a false prophet and a squawking parrot.

Nice picture, but didn't you post this the other day on a different thread? Besides, get back on topic. What does judging others, as the poster before you stated, have to do with salvation that determines Christianity?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Nice picture, but didn't you post this the other day on a different thread? Besides, get back on topic. What does judging others, as the poster before you stated, have to do with salvation that determines Christianity?

It doesn't.......
I think AD was creating a parody on Chuckie, because he's an ass......
Not to mention false prophet and a squawking parrot.......

PsyOps

Pixelated
Sorry, I think Chuckt has already claimed that role, but he may have several supporting cast positions open if you so desire.

I have not been a defender of Chuck. But it's pointless for anyone to think they know the status of a person's salvation. What I will say is (and again, not defending Chuck), Jesus' message was hugely unpopular; so-much-so, that he was murdered for it. The same judgment you (and others) accuse him of is the same judgment you are now excoriating him for.

Last edited:

Amused_despair

I have not been a defender of Chuck. But it's pointless for anyone to think they know the status of a person's salvation. What I will say is (and again, not defending Chuck), Jesus' message was hugely unpopular; so-much-so, that he was murdered for it. The same judgment you (and others) accuse him of is the same judgment you are now excoriating him for.

Jesus' message was to love God and love thy neighbor. To be humble and meek. To not covet wealth. To not resist violence but instead to forgive. A very unpopular message then and now.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate

I think Jesus was "murdered" for rebelling against the status quo and the power base of the established church and it's leaders. A martyr created to justify a break away from what seemed to be a church and religion that had gone corrupt and power hungry.

But that's just the way I read it. BTW, Did Jesus ever directly say he was going to be crucified specifically to erase all future sins of man? Just curious.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
In those exact words? No, plenty of other prophecies and scriptures say so including from Jesus Himself that he would pay for the sins of the world, but only for those who come to him. All have the opportunity but many will not accept the gift.

I am certainly not a Christian or any other religion, and dont believe in god, but I think it is kind of creepy for you to start a thread that passes judgement on the legitimacy of someone's faith. If he says he is a christian, who are you to judge?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I am certainly not a Christian or any other religion, and dont believe in god, but I think it is kind of creepy for you to start a thread that passes judgement on the legitimacy of someone's faith. If he says he is a christian, who are you to judge?

Well stated. chuckie is regularly judged and criticized by other posters for his being "judgmental". Nothing hypocritical about that, eh?

If I were you, I would seriously reconsider "not being a christian". You will answer for that choice one way or the other.

Last edited:

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Well stated. chuckie is regularly judged and criticized by other posters for his being "judgmental". Nothing hypocritical about that, eh?

If I were you, I would seriously reconsider "not being a christian". You will answer for that choice one way or the other.

It's not hypocritical of me to accusing or "judge" chuckie tee as being judgmental, because I do not profess or claim to lead a christian life following the bible. I make observations. You, chuckie and other christians do not have that luxury because you follow a doctrine from a book that says you can't, or shouldn't.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
I wasn't trying to be Godly........

Why wouldn't you? Doesn't the bible say we were created in god's image? Aren't christians extoled to live a "godly" life, serving as an example to god? Aren't you supposed to follow god's commandments? Doesn't that make you godly if you live like he/she/it told you to?

I'd think that being godly would be a compliment.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well stated. chuckie is regularly judged and criticized by other posters for his being "judgmental".

Hell yeah..he's the most misguided judgmental POS I've run across in quite a while..and that's a pretty high bar.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Why wouldn't you? Doesn't the bible say we were created in god's image? Aren't christians extoled to live a "godly" life, serving as an example to god? Aren't you supposed to follow god's commandments? Doesn't that make you godly if you live like he/she/it told you to?

I'd think that being godly would be a compliment.

Not in these forums.....
I try IRL.............

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

You're just wrong.......go back and read you're old posts..........