Go Redskins!!!!!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Good game.

If for no other reason than they did a good job of controlling the ball. 40+ minutes is exceptional. But the aim is to put points on the board. Penalties and a porous secondary almost did them in. NFC East is shaping up to be an interesting division this year. No clear forerunner.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Redskins game was fun to watch, unlike the Jacksonville game which they managed to piss away in unbelievable fashion.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Redskins game was fun to watch, unlike the Jacksonville game which they managed to piss away in unbelievable fashion.

Well, just wait until you're peeing away this weeks Bucs-Jags game in Tampa, as both "teams" and the pitiful fish of Miami vs. whoever they play, vie for the worst team in Fl. I'll be there - whoo - hoo!

Grumpy

Curious as to one penalty called. Forget who the redskin receiver was, but he was bumped at the line, went out of bounds, came back in but to catch the ball he went back out of bounds. Okay, if he was out of bounds catching the ball, obviously an incomplete pass, why was a 5 yard penalty for being the 'first to touch the ball after coming in-bounds' called when he wasn't in the field of play when he caught the ball??

SoMDGirl42

Curious as to one penalty called. Forget who the redskin receiver was, but he was bumped at the line, went out of bounds, came back in but to catch the ball he went back out of bounds. Okay, if he was out of bounds catching the ball, obviously an incomplete pass, why was a 5 yard penalty for being the 'first to touch the ball after coming in-bounds' called when he wasn't in the field of play when he caught the ball??

a player cannot go out of bounds and then come back in bounds and catch a ball. This penalty has been around for several years.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is all well and good and could be the start of good things for the Skins.

That said, the Eagles have a disaster on their hands on their O line and have gotten off to a poor start so, it's not like we beat a 4-0 team living up to the preseason hype of projected division winner.

As for the Skins, it was shaping up to be just another loss where some good, some bad and simply not making key plays at key times. The Skins secondary is in awful shape and Kerrigan let Bradford get away twice from what might have been drive ending sacks on two different drives they ended up scoring on. Special teams is still not a strength of the team.
The penalties are becoming mind numbing.

So, it's certainly a win and that's that. If they all build confidence off of this who knows? In any event, the Falcons game will go a long way towards showing how they're really doing. If the Eagles game got Cousins over the hurdle and he's now going to be playing with the confidence of a 90 yard, 15 play, clock killing, game winning touchdown, could be a fun year.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Kerrigan is nursing a hip pointer, plus no pre season work, I can give him a pass. We bring what? Two guys up from the practice squad to fill holes on the back end, it could have been a lot worse. Several of the penalties the Booger called were absolute BS, the most egregious of which was the personal foul against Trenton Robinson. The roughing the passer against Chris Baker was also a bad call.

I think that the NFL should go to a replay system for personal fouls, sort of like what college ball does. BUT, the ref can pick the flag up and let the play stand. Also, I'd like to have the coaches be able to use a replay challenge to contest a personal foul call. What the hell, they already review every score and turnover, what is one more thing to look at?

Grumpy

What the hell, they already review every score and turnover, what is one more thing to look at?

Watching at home, you can see whether or not a call is right within 30 seconds 98% of the time. I don't know why NFL headquarters can't communicate directly with the head ref and resolve the replay within a minute instead of the ref having to go under the hood for 5 minutes...stupid

jg21

Watching at home, you can see whether or not a call is right within 30 seconds 98% of the time. I don't know why NFL headquarters can't communicate directly with the head ref and resolve the replay within a minute instead of the ref having to go under the hood for 5 minutes...stupid

So the networks can get their 90 seconds of commercials in...