Bodies of man and woman found in La Plata

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It is kinda creepy just knowing people are living in the woods behind and/or between neighborhoods and business... I am well aware it happens but still... it doesn't make it less creepy and strange.

It just might be possible they both died naturally from exposure.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

It doesn't appear to be cold enough to die from exposure. If not foul play, they could have injested, injected or snorted something toxic. A few years ago a couple died huffing laughing gas they stole from the hospital. I'm sure they never imagined that would be the last thing they did while on this earth.

officeguy

Last night saw a temp of 51F with a relative humidity of 96%. Add to that the continuous drizzle we had yesterday and they may well have been completely soaked by the time the low temps came around in the evening. Homelessness and alcohol are well known as additional risk factors for hypothermia, so yes this may well have been from exposure.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It doesn't appear to be cold enough to die from exposure. If not foul play, they could have injested, injected or snorted something toxic. A few years ago a couple died huffing laughing gas they stole from the hospital. I'm sure they never imagined that would be the last thing they did while on this earth.

Last night saw a temp of 51F with a relative humidity of 96%. Add to that the continuous drizzle we had yesterday and they may well have been completely soaked by the time the low temps came around in the evening. Homelessness and alcohol are well known as additional risk factors for hypothermia, so yes this may well have been from exposure.

I bounced between these 2 thoughts earlier. I just don't know if the cold, wet weather would have caused hypothermia but wasn't sure how an addiction would factor into all that???

I saw a TV show on Whitney Houston's autopsy and they said she stepped into a tub filled with scolding hot water. She was way too doped up to realize how hot it was and when it finally hit her, she passed out from the pain, hitting her head and drowned when she went into the tub face first. I was thinking they may not have realized the elements if they were drunk or doped up but is 51 degrees enough even if they were constantly wet. :shrug:

It will be interesting to see the follow up; if we see a follow up.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It is kinda creepy just knowing people are living in the woods behind and/or between neighborhoods and business... I am well aware it happens but still... it doesn't make it less creepy and strange.

Very creepy! If no foul play, I vote for drug overdose. :ohwell:

BernieP

Resident PIA

Creepy isn't the word, disturbing might better describe the situation.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It might be creepy, but it is so sad. So many of us are so fortunate to be in our nice homes with food on the table. Whatever circumstances makes one homeless to have to live in the woods, or wherever is just so heartbreaking. I don't think it is a choice, unless you choose to move to CO, or somewhere on purpose, and be a survivalist/loner. There is a very old house in our woods (property) that we didn't know was there when we first moved here 15 years ago. We saw several strangers walking through our yard, and called the sheriff's office. It was investigated and they were told to move on. I felt bad, but relieved at the same time. The house is gone now. What is also disturbing is when we go to visit our daughter in Montgomery Cty (where we moved from to be here), and seeing all the people on the side of the road begging for money. It is heartbreaking. There is only so much one can do to help before feeling creeped out. I am so sorry that there are people that have to live like that. I wonder how many are Veterans.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is creepy. From 2012

Calvert County Sheriff Mike Evans [R] confirms a headless body was found in a wooded area near Prince Frederick Boulevard this morning around 11:30 a.m. Evans said investigators believe the remains might be those of an individual whose skull was found in the woods near Tate Road back on Sept. 16.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0212/body-found-in-prince-frederick.html

That is old news. I get it! You are trying to be macabre before Halloween. That is so you! You seem to feed on the mishaps of others. That is not right, but don't despair; there are a few others here that do the same. You are in great company. :yay: As always, just my opinion.

Last edited:

GregV814

a headless body??? are you kidding me??? well, it was a Democrat ; a left leaning Democrat....thats a clue...

Kinnakeet

it might be creepy, but it is so sad. So many of us are so fortunate to be in our nice homes with food on the table. Whatever circumstances makes one homeless to have to live in the woods, or wherever is just so heartbreaking. I don't think it is a choice, unless you choose to move to co, or somewhere on purpose, and be a survivalist/loner. There is a very old house in our woods (property) that we didn't know was there when we first moved here 15 years ago. We saw several strangers walking through our yard, and called the sheriff's office. It was investigated and they were told to move on. I felt bad, but relieved at the same time. The house is gone now. What is also disturbing is when we go to visit our daughter in montgomery cty (where we moved from to be here), and seeing all the people on the side of the road begging for money. It is heartbreaking. There is only so much one can do to help before feeling creeped out. I am so sorry that there are people that have to live like that. I wonder how many are veterans.
it is terrible that we have homeless in this country if only we had a president who was not run on greed and being bought off,then maybe that president would keep our tax dollars here for our homeless and not give it to countries that hate us or other countries homeless but the current puppet in the white house does not care about this country or its people so he will not do a dam thing about it.

nutz

It might be creepy, but it is so sad. So many of us are so fortunate to be in our nice homes with food on the table. Whatever circumstances makes one homeless to have to live in the woods, or wherever is just so heartbreaking. I don't think it is a choice, unless you choose to move to CO, or somewhere on purpose, and be a survivalist/loner. There is a very old house in our woods (property) that we didn't know was there when we first moved here 15 years ago. We saw several strangers walking through our yard, and called the sheriff's office. It was investigated and they were told to move on. I felt bad, but relieved at the same time. The house is gone now. What is also disturbing is when we go to visit our daughter in Montgomery Cty (where we moved from to be here), and seeing all the people on the side of the road begging for money. It is heartbreaking. There is only so much one can do to help before feeling creeped out. I am so sorry that there are people that have to live like that. I wonder how many are Veterans.

The hundred acre woods from Winnie the Pooh? I'm very curious how one purchases property and doesn't have a clue what's on it.

nutz

it is terrible that we have homeless in this country if only we had a president who was not run on greed and being bought off,then maybe that president would keep our tax dollars here for our homeless and not give it to countries that hate us or other countries homeless but the current puppet in the white house does not care about this country or its people so he will not do a dam thing about it.

That's not just him. In this case, he has lots of helpers on both sides, republican and democratic. It is pitiful that our people go hungry while PC dictates what is and isn't ok.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So - on the subject of the (so-called) disadvantaged, downtrodden or homeless -

IF you feel very sorry and distraught for the homeless and downtrodden - how many of those that you feel sorry for do you help? You can help! You could knit or crochet sweaters, mittens, blankets. You can feed them. You could bring them canned goods, you could bring one, two, even a few home. You could give them money.

I feel that one can sit around in their cushy home and wring their hands with grief over how sad it is and say how you feel sorry for them, while chastising those (like me, for instance) who say they have a choice and that they don't really feel sorry for them - but if you don't actually DO something to help them - then shame on you. :rolleyes:

I don't live in Charles, so I am not familiar with what they have available to help their disadvantaged or poor people. In Calvert County, there is a homeless shelter right on Main Street in Prince Frederick. They are not the only place that people can get food, or help, either. Sure, there are "homeless people" who live in the woods in several places around the town of Prince Frederick. I know they do, because I see some of them leaving the woods to go to work. (either on foot or by bicycle) They have camps, with real tents. They apparently ARE choosing to live that way, because they have tents and a camp. Tents and camps cost some kind of money. Maybe not a lot of money, but somehow they set up a camp and make that their homestead. (just like a KOA, except way less expensive and not as many amenities)

Personally, I don't feel "fortunate" or lucky to have what I have in my life. I have gratitude for it all, and I am very satisfied with what I do have, but I have worked very hard to have it. I have made choices which allowed me to be where I am. So, that is not luck.

luvmygdaughters

So - on the subject of the (so-called) disadvantaged, downtrodden or homeless -

IF you feel very sorry and distraught for the homeless and downtrodden - how many of those that you feel sorry for do you help? You can help! You could knit or crochet sweaters, mittens, blankets. You can feed them. You could bring them canned goods, you could bring one, two, even a few home. You could give them money.

I feel that one can sit around in their cushy home and wring their hands with grief over how sad it is and say how you feel sorry for them, while chastising those (like me, for instance) who say they have a choice and that they don't really feel sorry for them - but if you don't actually DO something to help them - then shame on you. :rolleyes:

I don't live in Charles, so I am not familiar with what they have available to help their disadvantaged or poor people. In Calvert County, there is a homeless shelter right on Main Street in Prince Frederick. They are not the only place that people can get food, or help, either. Sure, there are "homeless people" who live in the woods in several places around the town of Prince Frederick. I know they do, because I see some of them leaving the woods to go to work. (either on foot or by bicycle) They have camps, with real tents. They apparently ARE choosing to live that way, because they have tents and a camp. Tents and camps cost some kind of money. Maybe not a lot of money, but somehow they set up a camp and make that their homestead. (just like a KOA, except way less expensive and not as many amenities)

Personally, I don't feel "fortunate" or lucky to have what I have in my life. I have gratitude for it all, and I am very satisfied with what I do have, but I have worked very hard to have it. I have made choices which allowed me to be where I am. So, that is not luck.

:yeahthat: