Pressure Washing

MissShelby

I am looking for someone to pressure wash my home and fence. I have called a couple companies and they either didn't return my call or never showed up for an estimate. I am running out of options. I leave near Hughesville. Thanks!

Hannibal

Do you own the home or do you rent?

(Sorry, just remembering a previous thread on the subject).

Do you have access to Angie's List? I swear by that site. It gives you lots of feedback and often time you will be able to gauge pricing.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Buy a pressure washer and do it yourself. :shrug:

If someone posts for a recommendation for a service, why would you tell her to do it herself? How is that answering her question, or being helpful to what she said she wanted?

I have a pressure washer, and I didn't want to spray my entire house. I wanted to hire out. I used Pulliam's Paint Contracting. (301) 481-3348

MissShelby

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to call. I do own my home, but it is hard to pressure wash the house and remove all the dirt and grime.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to call. I do own my home, but it is hard to pressure wash the house and remove all the dirt and grime.

My pressure washer is out of service at this time (carb needs cleaning). My house was turning black. It's supposed to be white. I tried the easy to do DIY solution. I bought a bottle of house wash at lowes that went on the garden hose. No prep, no pre-wash or anything like that. Just spray it on, let it sit 5-10 minutes (don't let it dry out) and then turn the hose nozzle to the power stream setting and hose off the house. It took me a little over 30 minutes to do the front of my house. I started by wetting down one end of the house, worked to the other end and then went back and started the hose off process. Not difficult at all. It did a good job. It says it reaches up to the 2nd story, but my experience was that it stopped being effective at abut 1.75 story. Top piece of siding could have used more attention, but I wasn't getting out the ladder for a 2 foot long section. It can stay slightly off white. The stuff I bought was in the pressure wash chemical area, not in the area with the general cleaning supplies.

H

Hodr

My pressure washer is out of service at this time (carb needs cleaning). My house was turning black. It's supposed to be white. I tried the easy to do DIY solution. I bought a bottle of house wash at lowes that went on the garden hose. No prep, no pre-wash or anything like that. Just spray it on, let it sit 5-10 minutes (don't let it dry out) and then turn the hose nozzle to the power stream setting and hose off the house. It took me a little over 30 minutes to do the front of my house. I started by wetting down one end of the house, worked to the other end and then went back and started the hose off process. Not difficult at all. It did a good job. It says it reaches up to the 2nd story, but my experience was that it stopped being effective at abut 1.75 story. Top piece of siding could have used more attention, but I wasn't getting out the ladder for a 2 foot long section. It can stay slightly off white. The stuff I bought was in the pressure wash chemical area, not in the area with the general cleaning supplies.

I generally use this stuff, and it works. Remember not to let it dry completely before washing it off (not always the case, but read the label carefully), and please wear goggles/mask.