Star Citizen Drama Brewing ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Google : Star Citizen, and or Escapist and or Derek Smark

you can also search Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3nhm9s/drama_megathread/?sort=old

TL:DR

- Roberts Space Industries raise 90 mil in crowd funding a video game
- former employees - 8 of them - come forward to talk about Racism, Toxic Work Environment - Unprofessional HR Dir ranting and swearing in official company emails
- who is also the Lead Designers Wife [a fact hidden for months / yrs]
-and 82 million of the money raised is gone with little to show - wasted on fancy advertisements and videos with $$$ Expensive Hollywood Actors

all the makings of a spectacular crash and burn

Chris Roberts and or Cloud Imperium Games are threatening to sue Escapist [online mag] for saying bad things ....

Warron

I've felt Star Citizen was vaporware for a long time now. Too much talk for too long a time with too little actual demonstrated results to show for it.

It's still hard for me to believe that people actually paid hundreds of dollars for ships in a game that didn't even have a release date.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I've felt Star Citizen was vaporware for a long time now. Too much talk for too long a time with too little actual demonstrated results to show for it.

It's still hard for me to believe that people actually paid hundreds of dollars for ships in a game that didn't even have a release date.

$ 275 bucks ...
... looks nice in the hanger, oh and I can sit in the cockpit
... hopefully it all implodes, and goes open source after the class action lawsuit I know will be coming when it fails

but then I supported Elite Dangerous for $ 100 to get in the Alpha - I have done about a doz games Early Access

Firefall - rewritten twice
Door Kickers
Endless Space
Dead State
The Dead Linger - from the Ogre Engine to Unity 4, not rewritten again for UR4 - the world was supposed to be 100% procedurally generated .... they could never work out the kinks - the Unity code may go Open Source in the future.
7 Days to Die

... and a bunch RPG Modules / Expansions through Kick Starter

IMHO Chris Roberts sounds a lot like Steve Jobs
.... brilliant mind, sucks at people skills

JOBS would go around the Dev labs, talking to people about up coming projects and tell them after listening to their ideas - you suck, that is the worst idea ever ... just what you want from the CEO

basically he was put out to pasture on the Macintosh project and took over - because it was Insainly Great