I thought Obama .....

Hijinx

Yeah, saw that. Apparently the bulk of his deportations have been the catch and release at the border kind. The kind where they actually find you and send you home has been going down for a long time.

Statistics don't lie, but liars use statistics.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yeah, saw that. Apparently the bulk of his deportations have been the catch and release at the border kind. The kind where they actually find you and send you home has been going down for a long time.

:yay:

yeah I have seen that in print as well

SamSpade

LMAO just like the one you just made.

I think they're very useful, since they're my bailiwick. But it's also important to know what they're actually saying. A good sample is very hard to create; it's not the same as a random selection.

Usually I don't make a big deal about how the sample is made, although I do often if it's an opinion poll and especially if it's one backed by a group with a specific axe to grind.

But this is revealing to me, since I didn't know they ignored some data or that the kinds of deportations and their numbers were different.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But this is revealing to me, since I didn't know they ignored some data or that the kinds of deportations and their numbers were different.

well we [John Q Public] doesn't know when this started, but that the Obama Administration has been quoting migrants turned back at the border as 'deportations' not someone picked up in Chicago - those are catch and release