Bill weak on Iran

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bill Clinton White House suppressed evidence of Iran’s terrorism

Bill Clinton’s administration gathered enough evidence to send a top-secret communique accusing Iran of facilitating the deadly 1996 Khobar Towers terrorist bombing, but suppressed that information from the American public and some elements of U.S. intelligence for fear it would lead to an outcry for reprisal, according to documents and interviews.

Before Mr. Clinton left office, the intelligence pointing toward Iran’s involvement in the terror attack in Saudi Arabia that killed 19 U.S. servicemen and wounded hundreds was deemed both extensive and “credible,” memos show.

It included FBI interviews with a half-dozen Saudi co-conspirators who revealed they got their passports from the Iranian embassy in Damascus, reported to a top Iranian general and were trained by Iran’s Revolutionary Guard (IRGC), officials told The Washington Times.

Hijinx

Bill could have gotten Bin Laden, by his own admission.
He also sent Cruise missiles to bomb empty training camps.
He also stated that Iraq had WMD's

But Bubba's sycophants have forgotten all of that.

H

Hodr

Perfectly good reason to excuse Saudi, again, and invade Iraq. Again.

What is the explanation there? Sure, we caught the Saudi's red handed doing the deed, but they got their passports from Iran so lets give them a complete pass and focus on the Iranians?

I have yet to hear a credible reason (other than of course oil) why we should cow-tow to those animals.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What is the explanation there? Sure, we caught the Saudi's red handed doing the deed, but they got their passports from Iran so lets give them a complete pass and focus on the Iranians?

I have yet to hear a credible reason (other than of course oil) why we should cow-tow to those animals.

I was being sarcastic. Saudi is the source of the fundamentalist attacks on the US since the '93 tower attacks and every time they do something, we take it out on Iraq. No one even gives it a passing glance. :shrug:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Since we're bashing on Clinton, don't we have to find something to bash George H. W. Bush about? I'll start. "But...but... Bush was in bed with the Saudi royal family!!!"

And discuss....

Amused_despair

Guns???? How about parts to keep their Tomcats in the air. Of course once Iraq attacked a US Warship in international waters we did the only logical thing and started attacking Iran.