Searching for farm for sale

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
I have an agent, I search the sites but they will not show me the "For sale by owner" sign.

Looking for farm for sale in St Mary's co. I cant drive every road looking so I am reaching out for help.
If you know where one is or someone that is selling or thinking about selling can you email, pm or post here please.

I am open to any place in the county

Thanks
JD

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I have an agent, I search the sites but they will not show me the "For sale by owner" sign.

Looking for farm for sale in St Mary's co. I cant drive every road looking so I am reaching out for help.
If you know where one is or someone that is selling or thinking about selling can you email, pm or post here please.

I am open to any place in the county

Thanks
JD
What size property are you looking for? Are you looking for just land, or for a house also? Maybe outbuildings, too?

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
What size property are you looking for? Are you looking for just land, or for a house also? Maybe outbuildings, too?

All of the above to none of the above. 20 acres in the perfect spot with right surroundings Or 100 plus.
crop/tillable, woods, old farm house, livestock, barns, stables or bare land.

ideal is about 100 acres with tillable land and woods.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Found this in The Seventh, near Avenue. Do I get a finder's fee?

land for sale.jpg

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The price looks too good to be true. There may be issues with buildability due to the critical area restrictions.

Well the ad says it is "actually 5 acres", a building lot, and you get the other 20+ acres with it. Doesn't seem to be a critical area issue, but more of a dividable lot issue.

officeguy

Well the ad says it is "actually 5 acres", a building lot, and you get the other 20+ acres with it. Doesn't seem to be a critical area issue, but more of a dividable lot issue.

A very odd listing. The address makes no sense, the aerial pictures show a place called 'Albright Point' and it states that it is on public sewer.... The Peninsula they show in the listing is completely in the critical area and only 1100ft wide, so unless there is already an approved building site, that portion is out for putting a house on it. As for farming it, with the location in the critical area you have MDA, MDE, DOE, DOA, EPA, MSP and every other state agency up your ass about what you grow and how much fertilizer you use.

Spectacular property for someone who can afford to just own it without having to live off farming it. Lots of river frontage, probably a good duck and goose hunting property.

tuffenuff2

There is a "for sale by owner" sign on Sunnyside road. Couldn't tell if it was for land only or if there was a house/farm back in there. I think it is Loveville.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

It's one of the remaining parcels in the St. Georges Peninsula development. All of the buildable lots are connected to public sewer; the development has its own pumping station with backup generator. Not sure how good that extended piece would be for farming, although the entire development is built on what was once a farm.