a late dinner choice?

nutz

I'm going to visit someone at St. Mary's Hospital after work hours so it will be a late dinner. What are some good choices nearby?

I like the front porch, what else?

Last edited:
H

Hodr

How late? Their cafeteria is open until 0730 I think, and the Pizza is like $1.50 a slice.

More seriously, there is the Mexican restaurant not even 100 yards south of the hospital on 5 (behind Ledo's Pizza) that is open late and in my opinion pretty good.

bilbur

There is a restaurant in old Leonardtown I heard about that is behind a bookcase in an old book store. From what I was told it is kind of a speak easy feel but it is really expensive.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
There is a restaurant in old Leonardtown I heard about that is behind a bookcase in an old book store. From what I was told it is kind of a speak easy feel but it is really expensive.

the speak easy is just a bar, the café/bar offer light apps, that's about it. Plus you gotta know the password :lol:

Salsa's serves until 10, Ledo's until 10, Oga's Chinese restaurant (not just take-out, an actual restaurant) open til 10, café de artists serves til 9 and the Olde Town pub probably past 10.

Hannibal

What's the French place right down the street from the Front Porch? I've taken the wifey there a few times (not for a while though) and have had good meals each time.

libby

I've got to second The Rex! I think the food there is fabulous, and it's a beautiful evening, so you might like to sit outside!

tuffenuff2

I think it's closing in February unless they can get someone to take it over. It's ashame. The food and atmosphere are great there.