Revelation 4 Four Creatures

seekeroftruth

Revelation 4:In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. 8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’(b)

who was, and is, and is to come.”​

Revelation 4:8 Isaiah 6:3

Isaiah saw the same creatures. Here's the verse.

Isaiah 6:6 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.”

4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.​

Ezekiel saw them too. So I figured the fact that Isaiah, Ezekiel, and now John described the same creatures could be relevant. I googled "who are Isaiah and Ezekiel". The first site in the list was Torah.org it brought up gave me these words.

The role of Isaiah was to transmit the warnings from God to His nation...to be the conscience of the Jewish people. His message was also one of comfort - there's the joy and hope of a look ahead to the perfect world of the messianic era.

Of all the prophets, the vision of Ezekiel is the one most obviously relevant to all future generations.

What the prophet really wanted, was that the imagery should find its way into our hearts and change our actions for the better..​

The easy english commentary says this about the creatures.

They were strong like the lion. They were full of power as the ox. They were wise as a wise man. They were as fast as the eagle when it flies.​

The eyes all over the body... well the commentaries are all over the place on that oddity. The majority say, however, that the creatures are able to see the past, present, and future. They are on watch 24/7 everywhere.... a lot like angels. The majority of the commentaries say they are cherubim.

:coffee:

C

Chuckt

I think they are bodyguards because they are always watching.