Freeze Warning

Posted for midnight tonight thru 9am tomorrow.

Bring in your sensitive plants, if you didn't already.

RPMDAD

Turned the heat on for the first time today, set at 69 degrees. Wife left on a business trip today to Emmitsburg, MD, suppose to be in the high 20's tonight there. Warm op coming on Tuesday.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Turned the heat on for the first time today, set at 69 degrees. Wife left on a business trip today to Emmitsburg, MD, suppose to be in the high 20's tonight there. Warm op coming on Tuesday.

Turned on heat today, as well. I really can't bring in my deck container plants, so I covered them with plastic trash bags. Does that help keep the plants from being damaged? I didn't look it up.

Edit: I looked it up. Plastic is not the best material to use, but if you do, remove it early in the morning. Breathable materials are best.

Last edited:
Pellet stove running, testing a new brand of pellets. Probably won't turn on the house heat until January.

MR47930

Pellet stove running, testing a new brand of pellets. Probably won't turn on the house heat until January.

What brand? I fired our pellet stove up last night and still have to fine tune the settings. Woke up to 77 degrees in the house, those Hammer pellets are HOT.

What brand? I fired our pellet stove up last night and still have to fine tune the settings. Woke up to 77 degrees in the house, those Hammer pellets are HOT.

Trae. Sneads carries them. So far, not bad. Very little sawdust in the bag, hardwood/softwood blend.

My stove has a thermostat, so it turns only heats to the thermostat setting regardless of the pellet BTU output.

MR47930

Trae. Sneads carries them. So far, not bad. Very little sawdust in the bag, hardwood/softwood blend.

My stove has a thermostat, so it turns only heats to the thermostat setting regardless of the pellet BTU output.

I saw those at Sneads, thought about giving some a try but I have 5 tons in the garage and if I bring more bags home the wife wont be happy.
My stove has a thermostat as well (Harman 52i) I guess I turned it a little high before going to bed.

pelers

Got a new car over the summer. Yesterday morning it very thoughtfully added a snowflake to the temperature display. :burning:

So, ran 6 bags of Trae thru the stove. The only con so far is that they don't burn quite as hot as the Lignetics, had to turn the feed rate up a bit so a bag won't last as long. Good news is that normally by now I'd have to clean the coke out of the pot. The Trae have left virtually nothing in the pot, and the glass stays much cleaner. About the same amount of loose ash, tho.