Kicked a turd this morning

PeoplesElbow

There was something black and hairy looking in my yard when I was picking up branches and pinecones and thought it was a piece of steel wool that I had used a couple days earlier. For some reason instead of bending over to pick it up I just gave it a kick, the instant I kicked it is when I realized it was a turd. Most likely a deer turd but I hadn't seen one full of fur before. Now I have a ####ty shoe.

Just wanted to share.

digitallest

Full of fur? sounds like coyote. Deer dont tend to eat furry critters.

We hesitated to believe DNR would be stupid enough to place a breeding population of coyotes in our area, but they did, and after about a year of not seeing or hearing anything more about it, Cornfield Harbor at night is often filled with their eerie calls, these days. Sounds like yipyip ahahaha. Like laughing and yodeling mixed, in falsetto tones.

They skulk around camp riverview and make the hunting dogs lose their minds. They hork down kitties, raccoons, groundhogs, etc, and lay down some xxl fur-turds. The hounds utterly fill the night with baying and snarling from their kennels. I will hear their prey, and the agitated hounds, more than I hear them, but I hear them. The yips and whatnot register as if they are all around, floating like the owl hoots, then they go silent, then the neighboring camps chickens and hounds just ERUPT. I have seen their droppings, but have yet to see one of the coyotes.

glhs837

Power with Control
Full of fur? sounds like coyote. Deer dont tend to eat furry critters.

We hesitated to believe DNR would be stupid enough to place a breeding population of coyotes in our area, but they did, and after about a year of not seeing or hearing anything more about it, Cornfield Harbor at night is often filled with their eerie calls, these days. Sounds like yipyip ahahaha. Like laughing and yodeling mixed, in falsetto tones.

They skulk around camp riverview and make the hunting dogs lose their minds. They hork down kitties, raccoons, groundhogs, etc, and lay down some xxl fur-turds. The hounds utterly fill the night with baying and snarling from their kennels. I will hear their prey, and the agitated hounds, more than I hear them, but I hear them. The yips and whatnot register as if they are all around, floating like the owl hoots, then they go silent, then the neighboring camps chickens and hounds just ERUPT. I have seen their droppings, but have yet to see one of the coyotes.

You should know that DNR does not place these animals anywhere, they are self placing. From what I have read, they have spread themselves from coast to coast simply due to the fact that humans have removed all predators that might have restricted them. from expanding,

PeoplesElbow

Well pretty sure it not coyote, definately looked like a couple buck turds, the interesting thing was there were three turds in the stack and only the middle one looked hair covered. I was just thinking the deer ate someones hairy yard plant. Damn things will not leave my mothers plants alone

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well pretty sure it not coyote, definately looked like a couple buck turds, the interesting thing was there were three turds in the stack and only the middle one looked hair covered. I was just thinking the deer ate someones hairy yard plant. Damn things will not leave my mothers plants alone

Oh..well you definitely can't mistake the coyote turds for deer turds. The coyotes (and similarly inclined predators that won't pass up carrion) pass all the hair and a lot of "other stuff" right on through...

PeoplesElbow

Oh..well you definitely can't mistake the coyote turds for deer turds. The coyotes (and similarly inclined predators that won't pass up carrion) pass all the hair and a lot of "other stuff" right on through...

Guessing it looks pretty similar to dog #### too? Never really seen coyote #### but I have seen my fair share of deer #### growing up at the edge of town with 20-30 deer regularly in the backyard at night.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Guessing it looks pretty similar to dog #### too? Never really seen coyote #### but I have seen my fair share of deer #### growing up at the edge of town with 20-30 deer regularly in the backyard at night.

Our "other" island up in 7D has been overpopulated with deer for as long as I can remember. And fox, too, on occasion. So I'm a skilled "turd reader". ;-) Heck, that probably explains why and how and I can read nhboy's posts.