Equipment @ Calvert Side of Solomons Bridge

Concern4Calvert

Has anyone else noticed the large, white, cylindrical tank located at the base of the Solomon's Bridge? It says "Air Products" and is probably a good 60+ feet long.

I've noticed that it is guarded by security 24/7 , and I can't figure out what it is. Here is a mediocre photo I snapped today from my Blackberry phone as I was leaving the island.

Any ideas or guesses as to what this thing is ? It seems to be under 24/7 security courtesy of the Calvert Sheriff's Office.

IMG00012-20151025-1756.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
For the Dominion site, I'm sure. Being guarded against sabotage or simple vandalism by the opponents of that site. I'm pretty sure any security being provided is being reimbursed.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Well of course Sheriff deputies are going to be there for security, Dominion pays them well don't ya know? That big part, or a poorly disguised missile, is part of the cryo unit that will be used to turn the natural gas, NG, (that is coming in from the pipeline from fracking and elsewhere), into liquid natural gas, that's LNG, that will then be placed into huge storage tanks to then be piped onto huge LNG tankers bound for Asian and Indian ports. Also, that big part is moving tonight to its new home. So stay off Rt 4 and Cove Point Rd. It will be slow going for this one.

Concern4Calvert

If I may ...

Well of course Sheriff deputies are going to be there for security, Dominion pays them well don't ya know? That big part, or a poorly disguised missile, is part of the cryo unit that will be used to turn the natural gas, NG, (that is coming in from the pipeline from fracking and elsewhere), into liquid natural gas, that's LNG, that will then be placed into huge storage tanks to then be piped onto huge LNG tankers bound for Asian and Indian ports. Also, that big part is moving tonight to its new home. So stay off Rt 4 and Cove Point Rd. It will be slow going for this one.

Really informative and interesting. Thanks!

Agee

It was being staged for its "slow" trip to Cove Pt, which I believe happened last night.

officeguy

Soviet ICBM. They can't afford the fuel, so they now have to barge and truck them to their destination.

As mentioned. Part of the liquefaction plant. Guarded by off-duty and retired deputies under contract to Dominion.

Roman

Has anyone else noticed the large, white, cylindrical tank located at the base of the Solomon's Bridge? It says "Air Products" and is probably a good 60+ feet long.

I've noticed that it is guarded by security 24/7 , and I can't figure out what it is. Here is a mediocre photo I snapped today from my Blackberry phone as I was leaving the island.

Any ideas or guesses as to what this thing is ? It seems to be under 24/7 security courtesy of the Calvert Sheriff's Office.

View attachment 110263
It looks like a huge tampon. :blushing:

BernieP

Resident PIA
why do I smell a political troll?
Not like the question of "what's that" by the bridge has been asked and answered 50 times in this forum.
And with the screen name, Concern4Calver, well that pretty much says "agenda"

But damn, I see the word is out, it's really for the ICBM site that was being installed.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wait, I think I have it...... it's a rapid deployment pod for DominioNijas, they will crack that thing open and unleash them on the 10 protestors that gathered on the highway a month or two back :)

Concern4Calvert

Not like the question of "what's that" by the bridge has been asked and answered 50 times in this forum.

But damn, I see the word is out, it's really for the ICBM site that was being installed.

Why are you so mean

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

*snort*...that's exactly the reaction to the OP's question that I had. And why I didn't bother to answer it.

There remains a small but determined band of oppositionists that have yet to realize their efforts to oppose the LNG upgrades have completely failed. The ship has sailed. And good for it, too.

Concern4Calvert

*snort*...that's exactly the reaction to the OP's question that I had. And why I didn't bother to answer it.

There remains a small but determined band of oppositionists that have yet to realize their efforts to oppose the LNG upgrades have completely failed. The ship has sailed. And good for it, too.

For the record, I have no opposition to the project.

I just don't understand why some users take time to respond to a post with a reply that is contentious or pointless?

Like i said.. I just wanted to know what the thing was. I don't know how my username, political ideation etc. comes into play

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
For the record, I have no opposition to the project.

I just don't understand why some users take time to respond to a post with a reply that is contentious or pointless?

Like i said.. I just wanted to know what the thing was. I don't know how my username, political ideation etc. comes into play

It is because they need to spice it up on the forum when it gets boring with the same ole, same ole. It is that simple. Happy foruming! :smile:

littlelady

God bless the USA
:yeahthat: same to you :)

I would like to add that I, too, live in Calvert (16 years). I care about what happens here and it is not political, or agenda driven. Calvert is taking a beating with a lot of closed businesses, bad traffic, crime problems, etc. I think what happened is that Calvert tried to stay rural, but the World caught up with them, and they weren't prepared. I appreciate that they tried to retain the 'country life'. It is sad because Calvert is a beautiful place, but it is succumbing to the real world. Nice while it lasted.

Concern4Calvert

I would like to add that I, too, live in Calvert (16 years). I care about what happens here and it is not political, or agenda driven. Calvert is taking a beating with a lot of closed businesses, bad traffic, crime problems, etc. I think what happened is that Calvert tried to stay rural, but the World caught up with them, and they weren't prepared. I appreciate that they tried to retain the 'country life'. It is sad because Calvert is a beautiful place, but it is succumbing to the real world. Nice while it lasted.

I've lived here 22 years next month and I could not agree more. I never thought I'd see the day when traffic backs up (on bad days) nearly to the bowling alley from Prince Frederick at rush hour. I can remember when WaWa and surrounding retailers was nothing but wooded land... Just to name a few. Even more concerning- I never thought I'd see drug abuse become such a pandemic.

I can't help but wonder what it will be like in the next 10-15 years.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA

First, if you are going to play dumb and troll, be more creative in your screen name, something like IMADOUCH
then when you ask a rather stupid question, people will say, oh, they're such a douche.

littlelady

God bless the USA
First, if you are going to play dumb and troll, be more creative in your screen name, something like IMADOUCH
then when you ask a rather stupid question, people will say, oh, they're such a douche.

I have never understood why members can make assumptions about other members when it is all anon. Can you explain that? Or, is it just me? TIA