Revelation 6 Under the alter

seekeroftruth

Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,[e] were killed just as they had been.​

e. The Greek word for brothers and sisters (adelphoi) refers here to believers, both men and women, as part of God’s family; also in 12:10; 19:10

Wait... up until now there has been no mention of an altar in Heaven. To understand these verses I had to go back to the Old Testament.

Leviticus 4:7 The priest shall then put some of the blood on the horns of the altar of fragrant incense that is before the Lord in the tent of meeting. The rest of the bull’s blood he shall pour out at the base of the altar of burnt offering at the entrance to the tent of meeting.​

These are the people who were murdered because of their faith.

Jesus tells them to hang on a little longer. Even after He has taken up all those who believed in Him up until that time.... there would be more who would come to believe. The sad part is, there will still be some who don't believe.

:coffee:

OK... time has come for you to learn that I am moving. In less than a week, hubby and I will be packing up the truck and the car. We are moving to Arizona. I'm not sure which day I will pack away my computer. I already know I have a problem with posting these verses from my tablet. I'll continue to try to bring the verses every day.

While I battled cancer I dreamed of taking a trip across country with my hubby. That cross country trip has turned into a move. The weather out in AZ will be better for my hubby and I.

After I get settled out there I'll continue to post.... but I really don't know how long I'll be without my desk top... since I'm not taking my desk. My daughter is going to take over the house and all the furniture. She's selling all the furniture she has in her rental. It's easier that way for all of us.

seekeroftruth

This verse actually contradicts the idea of soul sleep.

I don't think so, Chuckt.

I think these are the souls of those who came to Christ after the horsemen have been let loose. I doubt their souls would sleep because it is indeed end times. And remember it's not until Revelation 11 that the souls are caught up in the air.

Of course.... I wouldn't really know because I'm only a Christian reading the Bible.... I've said that before....

Radiant1

Soul Probe
OK... time has come for you to learn that I am moving. In less than a week, hubby and I will be packing up the truck and the car. We are moving to Arizona. I'm not sure which day I will pack away my computer. I already know I have a problem with posting these verses from my tablet. I'll continue to try to bring the verses every day.

While I battled cancer I dreamed of taking a trip across country with my hubby. That cross country trip has turned into a move. The weather out in AZ will be better for my hubby and I.

After I get settled out there I'll continue to post.... but I really don't know how long I'll be without my desk top... since I'm not taking my desk. My daughter is going to take over the house and all the furniture. She's selling all the furniture she has in her rental. It's easier that way for all of us.

Have a safe trip. We will look forward to your return here when you get your computer issue gets worked out. I hope Arizona is everything you're hoping it will be. :huggy:

C

Chuckt

I think these are the souls of those who came to Christ after the horsemen have been let loose. I doubt their souls would sleep because it is indeed end times. And remember it's not until Revelation 11 that the souls are caught up in the air.

Of course.... I wouldn't really know because I'm only a Christian reading the Bible.... I've said that before....

I believe in the pre-trib rapture so this is my position as well as many others.

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

The church is in Revelation 5:9 singing the song in heaven. 23 out of the 24 manuscripts have Revelation 5:9 saying "thou hast redeemed us" so we are raptured before the tribulation.

We receive our resurrection bodies at the end of the age or last day:

New American Standard Bible
"But as for you, go your way to the end; then you will enter into rest and rise again for your allotted portion at the end of the age."

http://biblehub.com/daniel/12-13.htm

For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
http://biblehub.com/john/6-40.htm

Revelation 4:1 ¶ After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

g3326 μετά meta (after) g3778 οὗτος houtos (these things).

The future age is after these things.

A study on meta tauta (after these things):

https://books.google.com/books?id=m...nepage&q=after these things metatauta&f=false

There are more things I can show you that this is Biblical and these are parts of my scriptures that show you what I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chuckt

Jesus Christ gives the division of the book of Revelation:

"Write the things which thou hast seen (1), and the things which are (2), and the things which are hereafter (3)" (Revelation 1:19)

The things which thou hast seen is the past, the things which are is the present and the things which are hereafter are the future.

After Revelation chapter 3, the church isn't mentioned anymore unless it is referred to as the Harlot but in Revelation chapters 4-5, the Church is in heaven and the Great Tribulation takes place. In chapters 6-18 and in Chapter 19, Christ returns to earth. Chapter 20 gives us the 1,000 year reign of Christ. The Great White Throne Judgment is set up and then in Revelation 21-22 Eternity with God begins.

Revelation 4:1 ¶ After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

After what? "After what" is meta tauta. Chapters 1, 2 and 3 discussed the Church so Revelation chapter 4 is after the Church things. The lie is to bring the Church into the future things because the Church is not here.

When the Church gets to heaven, it loses its definition of the Church because heaven is represented as twenty four elders and translated in the resurrection:

Revelation 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

"The resurrection and the translation of the saints (see John 14; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; 1 Cor. 15:51-52)" are notes that I cannot pass up. To put the church on the earth "after these things" is to ignore the resurrection and translation of the saints because the rest of the book of Revelation refers to the ecclesiastical system left on earth as the Harlot.

Last edited by a moderator:

seekeroftruth

We're getting down in the minutia again.... It bugged me all night that I had probably gotten my reply to you wrong, Chuckt..... It's because I was down in the minutia....

Haven't you ever cried out in your sleep?

The message here is since the beginning of time Godly men have been crying out.... Think of Noah's Story and the Story of Sodom....

Now the Christians who were martyred are crying out.... Think of Steven, Paul and John crying out to Jesus saying "When?".

I remember a story about my dad. I'm the oldest of five children. In order to make a better life for us, Daddy was in the Navy by day and sold RenaWare Cookware at night [when he didn't have "the duty"]. When he wasn't doing that, he was taking care of the house and making the little two bedroom house big enough for us. It was a little two bedroom house and by the time this story takes place there were already three children and mom was pregnant with her fourth. Daddy built an addition so he could turn what was then the kitchen into a bedroom.

Anyway one night Daddy sat upright in the bed and yelled.... "RenaWare, RenaWare, Yeah, Yeah!"​

First there was conquest, then war, then hunger, then death.... and the people called out.... "When?"

Last edited:
C

Chuckt

The time period after Revelation 4 or somewhat after is a judgment of God for non-believers. It isn't a judgment for believers.
Noah's flood was a judgment for non-believers.
Sodom and Gomorrah were judgments for non-believers.

C

Chuckt

Please don't turn people off of reading.... I will say out loud that you study... just don't argue on these posts...

I think non-believers may have a very hard time when we are raptured but they might remember what I've said. They will also be led astray by those clueless in the Bible.

The time coming on them is a time of deception.