Rt 231 Blocked between Benedict & Patuxent City 5 pm Tues

Hessian

Sat for a while,...finally bailed & used a long bypass: Anybody post what happened? There was a helicopter circling too.
I found it odd that no comments here, no posting on baynet either.

We might be becoming immune to horrendous traffic jams.

Hessian

Hmm,... This evening we passed by the little chapel located on the hills/woods above Benedict & there was a moving van...AND A STATE POLICE car keeping company in the little parking lot.

There's got to be a sad story in there somewhere!

Grumpy

Hmm,... This evening we passed by the little chapel located on the hills/woods above Benedict & there was a moving van...AND A STATE POLICE car keeping company in the little parking lot.

There's got to be a sad story in there somewhere!

Saw that, and wondered,too

Sat for a while,...finally bailed & used a long bypass: Anybody post what happened? There was a helicopter circling too. I found it odd that no comments here, no posting on baynet either. We might be becoming immune to horrendous traffic jams.

I sat in that traffic. Up at Sulky Pl (where the 2002 tornado did a lot of damage) there was an accident involving a new Ford Edge and ??? I didn't see a second vehicle but something had rear ended the Edge pretty hard.

OldHillcrestGuy

I sat in that traffic backup myself, I was between the church and that first newer neighborhood on the left. I called my connections and found out it was a accident at Barney Dr., 3 cars. I was on my way home from the outlets in Queenstown and after coming down Rt. 2 from Annapolis and being so close to home I wasn't going to sit and wait, I had my share of traffic already so I bailed too and took the long and windy road detour. There were no serious injuries in the accident.

Hessian

Thanks guys...I don't know if Charles Co Police keep the events list active on SoMd site.--Your details were sufficient.
However, I noticed on that little chapel,...someone had blackened out a name on the sign out front. Yeah, something probably got ugly.

Thanks guys...I don't know if Charles Co Police keep the events list active on SoMd site.--Your details were sufficient. However, I noticed on that little chapel,...someone had blackened out a name on the sign out front. Yeah, something probably got ugly.

Are you talking about the "African American" church?

Hessian

Yup...Its probably been there a 100 years,...don't know how they pay the bills with a congregation of 9.