A wonderful day

Grumpy

The Man Cave is no longer..:yahoo: It was, far and away, the most pathetic excuse for a sports talk radio program, bar none.

Dontel58

I agree big time. Never have been a Mike and Mike fan but it was great hearing them. I wouldn't mind if they had Brian Mitchell and Doc Walker in the morning. Those guys know what they are talking about and they can be funny at times.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Some of it?? What part? The signoff at 10am?

:lol:

Didn't like their judge guy. Didn't like Paul's race baiting about RGIII (which I figure was their undoing?) and I didn't like the twitter smack-down nonsense. Didn't like the chick they used to have on to talk, a la Mr. Tony, about movies and society stuff.

Did like Chris when he was funny which was more often than not. Did like Reid's analysis of Gruden and Cousins. They did some social commentary about guys and our jobs and expectations, kids and such that I thought was really good, bold stuff to get into that NO one talks about that surrounds guys and love of sports. They did a nice bit about health one time.

Yesterday when I was listening I was really interested in seeing how Chris was gonna walk out his race stuff as they took two calls, one a white guy complaining about Paul spending too much time on race, stirring up stuff and the other a black guy who said it was all very legitimate to talk about race, how the Skins needed to stop playing to the 703 area code and start playing to the 202. Had to get out of truck and missed the rest. Maybe that segment was the last straw?

I wanted to call. I wanted to ask Chris Paul to explain what he thought would be a time when RGIII could simply be a jack ass, self absorbed kid who got bad advice and very much helped destroy his own career and not be a victim of racism. I wanted him to explain how it still had to be about race in this day and age.

So, to me, Obama, the Zimmerman thing, Sharpton, Ferguson, all problems either made up or exacerbated by race hustling and race baiting and, to me, the only way through it is to let people like Paul just talk it to their hearts content, let me know when it can be about the shortcomings of RGIII the player and not his skin color which is a pretty odd thing to begin with when a Jewish owner has bent over backwards trying to give the kid EVERY chance. I mean, does Paul think it was racist of Snyder to give so much to Griffin?

Now, we may never know.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree big time. Never have been a Mike and Mike fan but it was great hearing them. I wouldn't mind if they had Brian Mitchell and Doc Walker in the morning. Those guys know what they are talking about and they can be funny at times.

I love Mitchell. I can't stand Doc.

Grumpy

.. Didn't like Paul's race baiting about RGIII (which I figure was their undoing?)...

What's the over and under in days? before the lawsuit is filed?

Too much social commentary when I just wanted to hear about sports.

Agree with ya on Mitchell, Doc really doesn''t bother me that much.

Would make for a greater day if they were to announce RG3 traded to the Texans for whatever (6th round pick? poptart??)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What's the over and under in days? before the lawsuit is filed? )

Oh, I gotta believe it won't come to that but I'd think that that was the reason. I mean, it's gotta suck being in sports where black guys are everywhere, doing really well, coaching, players, writers, commentators, radio, TV, you name it, and have to listen to crap like that. How long does ANYONE last in this day and age, coaching an NFL team that is mostly black guys if you're even a little bigoted? I mean, did they GET the show BECAUSE they're black? Doesn't that mean someone else DIDN'T get a show because they're NOT black?

Then, by the same token, no pun intended, for whatever reasons, Paul and, to some extent, Reid, felt like that was what they wanted to do. That's why I wished they'd stayed on; beat the thing to however far it needs to be beat; we know there isn't anyone playing on an NBA team, an NFL team, any of the major leagues, that is the BEST available player. We DO know that's not the case with coaching; there are official race based preferences, the Rooney rule. Is that good or bad? What about writers? Sports talk? Should there be preferences? And what does that say about players? Does a business that, on the field, is about strictly merit need to them be about something less than merit off it? I'd love for them to just lay it out. At the end of the day, is the show off because it didn't appeal to enough people? Or is ESPN racist? Or what? :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Would make for a greater day if they were to announce RG3 traded to the Texans for whatever (6th round pick? poptart??)

Don't you feel like we SHOULD be stuck with him???

I've said this, others have said this; if NOTHING else, the Skins had to let him play this year to either earn it, lose it or simply lose it by being hurt yet again and have it SETTLED on the field. Now, it's the worst possible; Kirk has a few nightmare games and a few good ones, a great one here and there and, in the mean time, there sits Robert, healing up, practicing. What if, what if, what if...
Kirk gets hurt? Colt is iffy on the field, Robert plays a game late in the season and shines, healthy, explosive. The whole thing starts ALL over again. The fans, especially the RGIII faithful, NEEDED to have him play this season and settle it.

Grumpy

Don't you feel like we SHOULD be stuck with him???

if NOTHING else, the Skins had to let him play this year to either earn it, lose it or simply lose it by being hurt yet again

That's where you and I differ; IMO, he has a 50% chance of learning to read defenses (not that he's stupid, it's just an art he can't master) and about a 30% chance of staying healthy....My opinions only, no backup. I would have punted him long ago.