A regular nut case progressive gave this statement regarding

GregV814

the Government being your Mommy and Daddy...You are too stupid she says...

"Wow...are you really that stupid to believe that individuals can manage their own money....what ever gave you that idea.

Americans do not save for their retirement now. The level of retirement savings in inadequate (to say the least)."

Be the first to correctly answer this question...

Who wrote the blurb?

ciwmj

the Government being your Mommy and Daddy...You are too stupid she says...

"Wow...are you really that stupid to believe that individuals can manage their own money....what ever gave you that idea.

Americans do not save for their retirement now. The level of retirement savings in inadequate (to say the least)."

Be the first to correctly answer this question...

Who wrote the blurb?
Chairman Mao ?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, it really could have been me - it wasn't, but it could have been.

The problem with expecting people to be responsible for themselves is that we can't stand to let them sink. The news sees to it that every poor decision-maker gets in our face front and center so we'll feel sorry for them and want to "help" them. Some crack whore with 14 bebes she can't feed because, well, she's an irresponsible crack whore, we pity her - or at least her children - and want to do something to make her stop being a crack whore and take care of her childrens. Since there's really nothing we can do, we give her money (that she will use on crack) and provide her with free health care (that she is too cracked out to use).

If we stopped feeding the ferals, they would go away - one way or the other. Enabling them just makes more of them. But we can't bear to do that because then some bleeder will call us "mean".

tommyjo

Well, it really could have been me - it wasn't, but it could have been.

The problem with expecting people to be responsible for themselves is that we can't stand to let them sink. The news sees to it that every poor decision-maker gets in our face front and center so we'll feel sorry for them and want to "help" them. Some crack whore with 14 bebes she can't feed because, well, she's an irresponsible crack whore, we pity her - or at least her children - and want to do something to make her stop being a crack whore and take care of her childrens. Since there's really nothing we can do, we give her money (that she will use on crack) and provide her with free health care (that she is too cracked out to use).

If we stopped feeding the ferals, they would go away - one way or the other. Enabling them just makes more of them. But we can't bear to do that because then some bleeder will call us "mean".

The comments were mine and I stand by then. Because the topic wasn't crack babies...the topic was saving for retirement.

The stupidity of LibertyBeacons comment that I was replying to (and that the idiot OP of this thread failed to include) was that govt had no business setting up a safety net for individuals. LB tried to push his usual anti-govt, every tax is "theft" BS.

The ignorance level of his posts was extreme. Anyone who has any common sense, has looked at the income distribution level in this country or knows anyone who has worked at the lower end of the wage scale or who has looked at the history of retirement, inherently must understand the need for a retirement support system.

Social Security is a welfare program. It's original intent was to provide some level of dignity for people WHO HAVE WORKED THEIR ENTIRE LIVES at the lower end of the wage scale...people who otherwise may not have been able to retire. SS is not a handout to crack baby mommas or a tax give away to hedge fund managers.

GregV814's comment that I am a progressive simply goes to show how little he knows or understands.

limblips

PREMO Member
The comments were mine and I stand by then. Because the topic wasn't crack babies...the topic was saving for retirement.

Social Security is a welfare program. It's original intent was to provide some level of dignity for people WHO HAVE WORKED THEIR ENTIRE LIVES at the lower end of the wage scale...people who otherwise may not have been able to retire. SS is not a handout to crack baby mommas or a tax give away to hedge fund managers.

SO are you saying that I should not get my SS benefit (not entitlement) or a portion of, in a few years because I have saved, invested, and worked towards a comfortable retirement? At what level of post retirement income are we supposed to give up our earned benefit?

GregV814

I believe you are just that and I dont care to investigate further. You ramble on quite extensively about stupid Americans from an Ivory Tower mindset m'am.
How dare you surmise that we are too stupid to save for our future. If the government gave an opportunity for working people to contribute to a deferred comp. program and reap the interest on the account we would. However over the years this has become a wad of cash that has been raped by both political parties for whatever purposes they have with promisary notes to repay that never happen. The teet of the Federal Government has too many sucking from it. You seem to be okay with that.

DannyMotorcycle

It's funny how people who say "people can't be trusted saving for their own retirement" and want the gov't to be their decision making masters, Do not want the gov't making
decisions about their sexuality and want them to fund the murder of the lives they created out of sexual irresponsibility, and want everyone to pay for contraceptives that do nothing for the prevention
of STD's meanwhile condoms are easy to acquire at lots of places free. They trust the gov't with retirement money but guess what, that money is already gone. You can thank bill clinton for raiding social security
and proving we cannot trust government with our money.

Hank

my war
Are you sure it wasn't day shift at Reb's ?

Damn! You're going way back. I remember coming down 301 one night and a dude was leaving Reb's and trying to run across 301 and got hit by a car. His brains were splattered all over the road. Pretty gruesome.

BigBlue

Damn! You're going way back. I remember coming down 301 one night and a dude was leaving Reb's and trying to run across 301 and got hit by a car. His brains were splattered all over the road. Pretty gruesome.

But they took Gilligan to the vet and made him good as new!:popcorn: