Is it really necessary...

PsyOps

Pixelated
to slow down to 10+ under the speed limit when coming up to a cop that has someone pulled over?

glhs837

Power with Control
to slow down to 10+ under the speed limit when coming up to a cop that has someone pulled over?

As long as you are complying with the intent of the Move Over law, hell no. Meaning making sure the officer has safe room to conduct his business.

glhs837

Power with Control
Maybe if there isn't another lane to slide left. :shrug:

If there is not, then the MO law kicks in and you should drop your speed to ensure the officers safety. I don't think that's the case the OP is positing, though....

PsyOps

Pixelated
Maybe if there isn't another lane to slide left. :shrug:

Sorry, yes there was a left lane to move to and everyone moved to it, then slowed below 45 and continued to for quite a while. I'm just trying to get into folks' heads to understand why they feel the need to do this.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sorry, yes there was a left lane to move to and everyone moved to it, then slowed below 45 and continued to for quite a while. I'm just trying to get into folks' heads to understand why they feel the need to do this.

I've been teaching my 16y/o to drive and she slows down and/or stops and has been very good with all emergency vehicles and situations.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I do it because I want to see someone other than me get tased for a change.

:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Consider how much training we require to operate a car. :shrug: It's a miracle we do as 'well' as we do

*$1 trillion a YEAR in auto accidents NOT counting medical expenses. As far as I am concerned the single greatest obstacle to automated cars is the loss of THAT much economic activity.

PsyOps

Pixelated
How much time do you lose by doing 45 instead of 55 for a half mile? A few seconds?

I knew someone would pop in with this crap. And you love doing it. To answer your question... very little. That wasn't the intent of my question. I just wanted to know why. Do you have an answer?

dan0623_2000

I always slow down and move to the left when it is safe to do so. I really dislike blowing by the cop doing 75 to 80 when he is preoccupied writing someone else a ticket.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Consider how much training we require to operate a car. :shrug: It's a miracle we do as 'well' as we do

*$1 trillion a YEAR in auto accidents NOT counting medical expenses. As far as I am concerned the single greatest obstacle to automated cars is the loss of THAT much economic activity.

And this has to do with the question :confused:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I always slow down and move to the left when it is safe to do so. I really dislike blowing by the cop doing 75 to 80 when he is preoccupied writing someone else a ticket.

I wasn't suggesting doing 70 or 80 in a 55. Fact is, if the cop is out of his car, you can cruise on with your 70 or 80 and he probably wouldn't notice. I just want to know why folks feel a need to slow down to 10+ below the posted speed limit in the left lane?