Aldi's parking lot

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who did that?? :mad: Dead end parking lots are the absolute worst - like, THE worst. The WORST! You go around the corner and there are no spaces, now there's no way to get back out. It's too narrow to turn around if you have anything larger than a Prius, so the only thing you can do is jump the curb and go through the field.

WHY??? do parking lot designers do that???

WHY?? :cds:

CrashTest

You mean to tell me the WW Development plan has been in place since the 70's and they still screwed it up. Cars were so much bigger in the 70's, you'd think they would have gotten it right.

glhs837

Power with Control
Who did that?? :mad: Dead end parking lots are the absolute worst - like, THE worst. The WORST! You go around the corner and there are no spaces, now there's no way to get back out. It's too narrow to turn around if you have anything larger than a Prius, so the only thing you can do is jump the curb and go through the field.

they were locked in boxes or closets as kids, and want to share that pain........

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Did you go to the opening today?

glhs837

Power with Control
Probably the same designer of the Millison Plaza parking lot.

Nah, that was the guy who did the spiderwebs on different drugs research. He let a spider on peyote with markers on it's feet design the Million lot. From above, it sorta maybe makes sense, but on ground level it's a thermonuclear hot mess.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you go to the opening today?

We went around 1pm. I'm not impressed with Aldi's. We went to the one in Myrtle Beach, thinking it was going to be really cool based on their billboards, and they're basically a little bitty grocery store with their own brands and a ton of snack items, but not much in the way of meat, fresh produce, or anything real to make a meal out of. Giant has nothing to worry about.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
We went around 1pm. I'm not impressed with Aldi's. We went to the one in Myrtle Beach, thinking it was going to be really cool based on their billboards, and they're basically a little bitty grocery store with their own brands and a ton of snack items, but not much in the way of meat, fresh produce, or anything real to make a meal out of. Giant has nothing to worry about.

Is the lack of meats, produce, etc maybe because they are new? I've never been in one.

lovinmaryland

I thought the same thing. A bunch of off brands you've never heard of before. Definitely not impressed. :yawn: Someone call me when we get a Wegman's please!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Doesn't sound like my kind of place.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sadly, place appears to be so small that once it goes belly up, you would have to rebuild the whole thing to fit the Wegmans they should have built in the first place.

H

Hodr

Your car got one of them fancy reversing gears?

lovinmaryland

Doesn't sound like my kind of place.

Its like a slight step up from buying food at the dollar general. They do sell some meat...but it is like store brand if that makes sense. Like skinless boneless breast.... but they aren't really because there is a bunch of fat and stuff that you have to trim. If I wanted to have to mess w/ removing the fat & skin I would've just bought a whole chicken and done it. Same with the ground beef...its not 80/20 its 70/30 sorry but that is just foul! :dead:

SamSpade

Yup - noticed that today. Got all the way down to the end and fortunately, there were empty spots to turn around in, but it is an extremely idiotic design, and one that is eliminated by erasing the last couple of parking spots on the end, so you can at least go around in a circle.

I was hoping it went around the building on the other side, but no luck. Maybe they just don't think they'll get that many people.

PeoplesElbow

Sadly, place appears to be so small that once it goes belly up, you would have to rebuild the whole thing to fit the Wegmans they should have built in the first place.

If Wegmans wanted to be here they would have been. I have never seen an Aldi close, they are very profitable, compared to most grocery stores. They aren't intended as a one stop grocery store, I know the people here will have a hard time realizing that though.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Its like a slight step up from buying food at the dollar general. They do sell some meat...but it is like store brand if that makes sense. Like skinless boneless breast.... but they aren't really because there is a bunch of fat and stuff that you have to trim. If I wanted to have to mess w/ removing the fat & skin I would've just bought a whole chicken and done it. Same with the ground beef...its not 80/20 its 70/30 sorry but that is just foul! :dead:

Ick. I'll stick with Shoppers.

SamSpade

I shop around in several stores for the best prices, and I knew right away I could beat their produce and meat prices just about anywhere.

On the other hand, their Keurig coffees are 4.99 and creamers were about half the price I'd see elsewhere. Ditto for bread and bread products.

Like a lot of places, some things are bargains, and some are definitely not. But I think I will be going there - milk is only 2.49.

wubbles

70/30?? I didn't even know that low quality is sold.