Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feline Pet-ema

Feline Pet-ema

We had to take our male cat to APVES in Huntingtown last night for a urinary blockage. Before we did so, we thought he might just be constipated (it has happened before) so I looked online to see if Petco sold feline enemas. When I put it in the search field, coats for dogs popped up. I googled it and looked like you can only get it online. Just wondering if anyone knows if Petco or even Pepper's Pet Pantry sells these just in case we might need one. I must say I was kind of thankful I couldn't get my hands on one so easily because I wasn't looking forward to the after-math. The last time this happened, the vet was the one who did it and then had to deal with the consequences. Just curious if any local pet stores sell enemas for cats.

Did you check Ollie’s?
    Don’t take criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Did you check Ollie’s?
    Never heard of it. Where is it?

Damn i got the hell scratched out of me putting ear drops in a cats ears, cant imagine what it would do while trying to give it an enema.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Blog Entries
    Be sure to take video of you giving your cat an enema.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I've heard White Castle hamburgers have the same effect.

"It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I've heard White Castle hamburgers have the same effect.

That was just .....

Name:  wong on so many levels.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  53.9 KB
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    We had to take our male cat to APVES in Huntingtown last night for a urinary blockage. Before we did so, we thought he might just be constipated (it has happened before) so I looked online to see if Petco sold feline enemas. When I put it in the search field, coats for dogs popped up. I googled it and looked like you can only get it online. Just wondering if anyone knows if Petco or even Pepper's Pet Pantry sells these just in case we might need one. I must say I was kind of thankful I couldn't get my hands on one so easily because I wasn't looking forward to the after-math. The last time this happened, the vet was the one who did it and then had to deal with the consequences. Just curious if any local pet stores sell enemas for cats.
    Only a vet should give an enema, IMHO. If it is a urinary issue, I am not sure why you would want to give an enema anyways. If the cat is constipated or plugged up with a hairball, that is one thing. Urinary is another.
    Pepper's does sell a herbal remedy for cat urinary issues and I have been using it on my older boy, Luther, for about 2 years. Where the vet said he was not fully blocked but may become blocked, he has had no issues. Although I have 5 house cats, he and another cat have their own room and I can monitor the litter box easier since it is the two of them. He is sitting next to me purring as I write this
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Quote Originally Posted by frequentflier View Post
    Only a vet should give an enema, IMHO. If it is a urinary issue, I am not sure why you would want to give an enema anyways. If the cat is constipated or plugged up with a hairball, that is one thing. Urinary is another.
    Pepper's does sell a herbal remedy for cat urinary issues and I have been using it on my older boy, Luther, for about 2 years. Where the vet said he was not fully blocked but may become blocked, he has had no issues. Although I have 5 house cats, he and another cat have their own room and I can monitor the litter box easier since it is the two of them. He is sitting next to me purring as I write this
    true.. .ONLY vets should give enemas.

now with that said if the cat has on going issues with it... they do have and RX that is given BY MOUTH.
    Some people are like Slinkies.... not really good for anything,
    but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frequentflier View Post
    Only a vet should give an enema, IMHO.
    Hush, you. I want to see the video.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.