Feline Pet-ema

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We had to take our male cat to APVES in Huntingtown last night for a urinary blockage. Before we did so, we thought he might just be constipated (it has happened before) so I looked online to see if Petco sold feline enemas. When I put it in the search field, coats for dogs popped up. I googled it and looked like you can only get it online. Just wondering if anyone knows if Petco or even Pepper's Pet Pantry sells these just in case we might need one. I must say I was kind of thankful I couldn't get my hands on one so easily because I wasn't looking forward to the after-math. The last time this happened, the vet was the one who did it and then had to deal with the consequences. Just curious if any local pet stores sell enemas for cats.

PeoplesElbow

Damn i got the hell scratched out of me putting ear drops in a cats ears, cant imagine what it would do while trying to give it an enema.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've heard White Castle hamburgers have the same effect.

:whistle:

That was just .....

wong on so many levels.jpg

frequentflier

happy to be living
We had to take our male cat to APVES in Huntingtown last night for a urinary blockage. Before we did so, we thought he might just be constipated (it has happened before) so I looked online to see if Petco sold feline enemas. When I put it in the search field, coats for dogs popped up. I googled it and looked like you can only get it online. Just wondering if anyone knows if Petco or even Pepper's Pet Pantry sells these just in case we might need one. I must say I was kind of thankful I couldn't get my hands on one so easily because I wasn't looking forward to the after-math. The last time this happened, the vet was the one who did it and then had to deal with the consequences. Just curious if any local pet stores sell enemas for cats.

Only a vet should give an enema, IMHO. If it is a urinary issue, I am not sure why you would want to give an enema anyways. If the cat is constipated or plugged up with a hairball, that is one thing. Urinary is another.
Pepper's does sell a herbal remedy for cat urinary issues and I have been using it on my older boy, Luther, for about 2 years. Where the vet said he was not fully blocked but may become blocked, he has had no issues. Although I have 5 house cats, he and another cat have their own room and I can monitor the litter box easier since it is the two of them. He is sitting next to me purring as I write this :huggy:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Only a vet should give an enema, IMHO. If it is a urinary issue, I am not sure why you would want to give an enema anyways. If the cat is constipated or plugged up with a hairball, that is one thing. Urinary is another.
Pepper's does sell a herbal remedy for cat urinary issues and I have been using it on my older boy, Luther, for about 2 years. Where the vet said he was not fully blocked but may become blocked, he has had no issues. Although I have 5 house cats, he and another cat have their own room and I can monitor the litter box easier since it is the two of them. He is sitting next to me purring as I write this :huggy:

:yay: true.. .ONLY vets should give enemas.

now with that said if the cat has on going issues with it... they do have and RX that is given BY MOUTH.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

I guess my post was a little confusing. When we first noticed he was having issues going to the bathroom, we thought it was constipation as he was acting like he was trying to go #2, not #1. Later in the day when he was still having issues and in noticeable pain, we took him to APVES where he was diagnosed with a urinary blockage. So, it was a good thing that we didn't use an enema as obviously, that wasn't the issue.

Unfortunately, he was supposed to be discharged last night but became blocked again so the catheter had to be put back in and they will be monitoring him for another few days.