What The Point?

Delilah903

I read the St. Mary's Today because I lead a reasonably humorless life and this is one of the biggest laughs I get all week. During the Primary I read the political candidate articles to determine who I would vote for. If Ken Rosignol was for them, I knew there must be something seriously wrong with them, thus my decision.

By the way, does anyone else see the irony of Mr. St. Mary's Today being on this website?

I would really hate to think that the candidates who had the largest signs; the prettiest signs; and the most signs, won the Primary elections but it does appear that this was the case!!

:boo: :boo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Delilah, there are a lot of people who feel that way. To some, endorsement by the St. Mary's Today is the kiss of death to a candidate.

K

Kain99

Insulting Intelligence!

Are we to assume that you attended the candidate forums, asked questions at your polling location or actively supported you favorite candidate?

It is a direct insult to accuse the people of this county of voting simply on the basis of the signs they saw!

Are your grapes sour because your candidate lost? Maybe next time you'll get up off the couch and work to see your candidate succeed!:burning:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It is a direct insult to accuse the people of this county of voting simply on the basis of the signs they saw!
Well? It's what they do! Not Delilah's fault - she was merely pointing it out.

When you read the candidate's literature, they all say the same thing - I'm for education, government responsibility, lower crime rates, blah, blah, blah. That's why so many people just vote along party lines - it's easier that way. Then you go to the debates and they answer questions with some scripted speech that may or may not have anything to do with the question asked. How are you supposed to know who to vote for? So you take the recommendation of a source you trust OR you go the opposite way of a source you DON'T trust. Just the way it is.

K

Kain99

Aw Shucks!

Originally posted by cariblue
Actually, Kain...we were saying that's what would happen before the primaries. Do your homework, dear.

Aw Shucks! I guess I better just get back on the short bus and educate myself!

It was my impression that the author of this thread was belly aching over the result of the primary election.

Golly Gee Whiz... I guess I better just hush up! :cheers:

Delilah903

"DUHHH"

Kain;

I was simply pointing out that it seemed that most of the candidates in the Primary were under the impression that we were stupid. At the debates (which I did in fact attend) most of the candidates responded to questions with answers such as:

"DUHHH" Taxes............... Bad
"DUHHH" Education.........Good

"DUHHH" Current Board of Commissioners...............Bad
"DUHHH" Me.............................................................Good

JUST ANSWER THE D...... QUESTIONS!!!!!:burning: :burning:

J

justhangn

Re: "DUHHH"

Originally posted by Delilah903
Kain;

I was simply pointing out that it seemed that most of the candidates in the Primary were under the impression that we were stupid. At the debates (which I did in fact attend) most of the candidates responded to questions with answers such as:

"DUHHH" Taxes............... Bad
"DUHHH" Education.........Good

"DUHHH" Current Board of Commissioners...............Bad
"DUHHH" Me.............................................................Good

JUST ANSWER THE D...... QUESTIONS!!!!!:burning: :burning:

:lmao: They don't call them spindoctors for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kain99

Dawg Gonnit!

Dear Sweet Delilah,

On which planet did you say you attended the forums?

:biggrin: