Veterans Day Parade

OldHillcrestGuy

Just a question, never been to the parade in Leonardtown, understand there can be a crowd. Where's the best place to park and how soon before the parade starts should one arrive to get a good spot. With nerve problems in my leg would like to get close for parking. Also what time does it start, I haven't really checked for that info and the parade route. I know I could look all that up myself, but thought I'd ask the forum because we all know everything on here. lol

bilbur

Just a question, never been to the parade in Leonardtown, understand there can be a crowd. Where's the best place to park and how soon before the parade starts should one arrive to get a good spot. With nerve problems in my leg would like to get close for parking. Also what time does it start, I haven't really checked for that info and the parade route. I know I could look all that up myself, but thought I'd ask the forum because we all know everything on here. lol

Usually they have parking and a shuttle buss for most Leonardtown activities at Leonard Hall.

ciwmj

Check yesterday post from Editor. All info is there.

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive been in St. Marys for almost 38 years, family members say that I went to a parade a few years back, but Im getting old and I swear I didn't remember. Went today and it was a pretty great tribute to our Veterans. Weather was perfect and sat right where the parade made the turn to go toward the square perfect location. Glad I did not go for one of the shuttle bus stops. Was able to park on the lot that once had the carnival for the firehouse and the SMSO and MSP did great job of moving traffic out of town. We all enjoyed ourselves.