I'm having a mental moment

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Brought on by HeavyChevy's complaint about the woman who either A) put up a hand to stop him; or B) gave him a wave to say thanks for not running her over.

I dislike being misunderstood and it annoys me when someone takes offense when absolutely none was intended, and I don't even know how the hell they came to that conclusion in the first place. I understand that this is their problem and not mine, but it still irritates me. I mean, I can be offensive. You all have seen me do it - on purpose! So when someone gets all jumpy with me because they've taken something I said or did the wrong way, it makes me all like:

cindy.jpg

Really, people, can't we at least sometimes give people the benefit of the doubt? MUST everything be cause for combat?

Pete

Repete
Brought on by HeavyChevy's complaint about the woman who either A) put up a hand to stop him; or B) gave him a wave to say thanks for not running her over.

I dislike being misunderstood and it annoys me when someone takes offense when absolutely none was intended, and I don't even know how the hell they came to that conclusion in the first place. I understand that this is their problem and not mine, but it still irritates me. I mean, I can be offensive. You all have seen me do it - on purpose! So when someone gets all jumpy with me because they've taken something I said or did the wrong way, it makes me all like:

View attachment 110528

Really, people, can't we at least sometimes give people the benefit of the doubt? MUST everything be cause for combat?

I think people default when posed with an interpretation. In the days of old, when you were young, the default was to give the benefit of the doubt that the person was being a non-ass. As time has gone on people use their experience in situations as a gauge and most people these days are asses therefore the default has changed to "being an ass".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think people default when posed with an interpretation. In the days of old, when you were young, the default was to give the benefit of the doubt that the person was being a non-ass. As time has gone on people use their experience in situations as a gauge and most people these days are asses therefore the default has changed to "being an ass".

That is so stressful.