Roland's Liquors ID checking is crazy.....

Catman2

Some cashiers are now scrutinizing our IDs like we're buying plutonium. This is a little over the top for us with more than a touch of gray. I've seen little old ladies with walkers get the treatment. She finally went out to her little old husband's Buick to get the ID. She should have left the six pack there and moved on. Your thoughts.....

catlingirl

Some cashiers are now scrutinizing our IDs like we're buying plutonium. This is a little over the top for us with more than a touch of gray. I've seen little old ladies with walkers get the treatment. She finally went out to her little old husband's Buick to get the ID. She should have left the six pack there and moved on. Your thoughts.....
They must've gotten a few undercover kids come in and try to buy alcohol. jmo

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You are (quite apparently) unaware of the lengths to which the local constabulary have gone to entrap liquor-selling merchants recently.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Has happened to me before. Even though it is extremely obvious that I well exceed the states ID requirements, apparently these idiots lack the common sense skill set. I've had the belt full with stuff with items still in the cart when asked. I'll look at them with that "really?" look and say you've got to be kidding? I say hell no, won't show. It's obvious I'm over the legal age requirement. Get the manager. Manager says same thing. So, instead of arguing I just say, "Please return all of the items to the shelf for me." And just walk out. I'll shop somewhere else before I'll deal with gestapo type idiocy. Yes I'm that guy. I refuse to deal with this kind of mindset. If others did the same thing, then this type of stupid shiat would not happen and common sense would rule the day.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Has happened to me before. Even though it is extremely obvious that I well exceed the states ID requirements, apparently these idiots lack the common sense skill set. I've had the belt full with stuff with items still in the cart when asked. I'll look at them with that "really?" look and say you've got to be kidding? I say hell no, won't show. It's obvious I'm over the legal age requirement. Get the manager. Manager says same thing. So, instead of arguing I just say, "Please return all of the items to the shelf for me." And just walk out. I'll shop somewhere else before I'll deal with gestapo type idiocy. Yes I'm that guy. I refuse to deal with this kind of mindset. If others did the same thing, then this type of stupid shiat would not happen and common sense would rule the day.

You are (quite apparently) unaware of the lengths to which the local constabulary have gone to entrap liquor-selling merchants recently.

States like Indiana that have passed "mandatory 100%" ID laws once seemed excessive....now I realize they put the best solution in to place. "card 'em all".

RPMDAD

I always say thank you for the compliment, show my id and pay and leave, no fuss no muss. I have been approached before in a liquor store parking lot by these underage buyers, and have always said no, and a couple of times have seen an unmarked crown vic parked a few spaces away with what i would presume to be police officers in them.

tommyjo

If I may ...

If I may...

You are a moron.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

If this is Roland's in Chesapeake Beach they've checking IDs for every liquor purchase, as well as cigarettes, for years (meaning almost since they opened).

They got burned early on and instituted it then. If a checker doesn't check an ID they're fired on the spot.

Goldenhawk

If I may ...

I would LOVE to see what happens when you get asked to show your receipt at Wallyworld.

vince77

Good policy to check all ID's. Why let some doofus employee behind the counter get your license suspended and put the rest of the employees out of work. I remember when it was done at Fenway Park, not sure if they still do.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It seems that there is a laissez-faire "well it feels right" "It's all for the better" mentality here. I have no problems asking for ID's for those that appear close to 21 or 18 for smokes. But there has to be some common sense. Too many people are so conditioned to not question and just go along with the stupidity of it all. Well I am not one of those people. And make no apologies for it.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
If I may ...

It seems that there is a laissez-faire "well it feels right" "It's all for the better" mentality here. I have no problems asking for ID's for those that appear close to 21 or 18 for smokes. But there has to be some common sense. Too many people are so conditioned to not question and just go along with the stupidity of it all. Well I am not one of those people. And make no apologies for it.

So, you are above the law? It's a law to ID 100%. Show your ID.