More parking lot

limblips

PREMO Member
Damn carts all over the place. I can't believe the stores don't make sure there are never any stray carts in the lot. They should have someone follow every customer out and bring the cart back in, after all those cart monkeys are paid anyway! And what about when you go in and there are no carts available? Can you believe that the store allows that to happen? It's not like they don't have enough carts, I walk by a bunch of them on my way in. I suppose they think I should bring one in on my way in. I am not one of their employees! Some days when I park in the fire lane just to run in for a few things, it is alright, there aren't many carts in the way that close to the store.

Last edited:

jrt_ms1995

Perhaps the sorry-assed customers should return them, instead of being dicks and leaving them all over? :shrug:

tommyjo

Damn carts all over the place. I can't believe the stores don't make sure there are never any stray carts in the lot. They should have someone follow every customer out and bring the cart back in, after all those cart monkeys are paid anyway! And what about when you go in and there are no carts available? Can you believe that the store allows that to happen? It's not like they don't have enough carts, I walk by a bunch of them on my way in. I suppose they think I should bring one in on my way in. I am not one of their employees! Some days when I park in the fire lane just to run in for a few things, it is alright, there aren't many carts in the way that close to the store.

Oh THE HORROR! THE ABSOLUTE HORROR!!!

Maybe you should: a. grow up b. have your mommy do the shopping for you.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

You don't read the whole thread before slobberingly pontificating, do you?

H

Hodr

I like to park out in the boonies to avoid door dings and to have less people to deal with when pulling in and out. And it's not too big an inconvenience to return the cart, even if I do have to walk half way back to the store.

At least Target uses plastic carts. I have received two very nice dings/scratches recently at grocery stores because people just abandon their cart and let gravity/the wind sail it into parked cars. Coincidentally (or not) both of these came when I parked closer to the store/cart returns.

People are assess and don't mind doing hundreds of dollars of damage to other peoples property if it saves them a few seconds of their day.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I like to park out in the boonies to avoid door dings and to have less people to deal with when pulling in and out. And it's not too big an inconvenience to return the cart, even if I do have to walk half way back to the store.

At least Target uses plastic carts. I have received two very nice dings/scratches recently at grocery stores because people just abandon their cart and let gravity/the wind sail it into parked cars. Coincidentally (or not) both of these came when I parked closer to the store/cart returns.

People are assess and don't mind doing hundreds of dollars of damage to other peoples property if it saves them a few seconds of their day.

I drive old junk and don't really think I would notice a cart ding unless the cart was still in the dinging position. I do know that others take pride in their rides and want to keep resale value up. If I use a cart to bring purchases out to my van, I ALWAYS make sure it is returned to a cart return or the store so I don't cause any mishaps.

I may be lazy in some respects, but not when it can harm others. :yay:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Perhaps the sorry-assed customers should return them, instead of being dicks and leaving them all over? :shrug:

agreed and it's not sarcasm. I know the stores send employees out to collect carts, but it's not practical to post someone in the parking lot full time.
People are so damn entitled, lazy or both that they can't take a few seconds to put the carts in the stands provided. No, they would rather let them roll across the lot or take up a couple of parking spaces.
Any excuse for not properly returning the cart is just that, an excuse for being lazy and inconsiderate.

Grumpy

agreed and it's not sarcasm. I know the stores send employees out to collect carts, but it's not practical to post someone in the parking lot full time.
People are so damn entitled, lazy or both that they can't take a few seconds to put the carts in the stands provided. No, they would rather let them roll across the lot or take up a couple of parking spaces.
Any excuse for not properly returning the cart is just that, an excuse for being lazy and inconsiderate.

When I see someone pushing a cart to the side and not returning, I immediately say "HEY" and snap their picture with my cell when they turn to look. 90% of em say something like you need a cart? or I was just rearranging my grocery bags before returning the cart.

vince77

When I see someone pushing a cart to the side and not returning, I immediately say "HEY" and snap their picture with my cell when they turn to look. 90% of em say something like you need a cart? or I was just rearranging my grocery bags before returning the cart.

its the other 10% I'd worry about...a lot of unstable people out there...good luck with that

Restitution

Well, at least one day someone will have a nice picture of themselves to remember the occasion when they dropped you in the parking lot like a bad habit. LOL