Stoney's Solomons Pier

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The food at all Stoney's has gone WAY downhill over the last few years. Their once famous crabcakes are pretty gross now. The only reason to go to any of them is for the waterfront location; just eat before you go.

MarieB

We went there for our anniversary earlier this year. Food and service was awful, view and drinks were good. There is nothing worse than dropping $130 on a bad meal.

MR47930

I've heard that the place is sinking, literally, like the pier itself is crumbling and there is an argument over who is responsible for the repairs. One would assume that if business were booming an agreement could have been made. I'd be willing to bet that the Lighthouse across the street put a damper on their business. A good view will only get you so far.

The food at all Stoney's has gone WAY downhill over the last few years. Their once famous crabcakes are pretty gross now. The only reason to go to any of them is for the waterfront location; just eat before you go.

You should have got the chicken.

BernieP

Resident PIA

concur

I've heard that the place is sinking, literally, like the pier itself is crumbling and there is an argument over who is responsible for the repairs. One would assume that if business were booming an agreement could have been made. I'd be willing to bet that the Lighthouse across the street put a damper on their business. A good view will only get you so far.

Unfortunately a lot of restaurants live on because of their reputation, long after they have been on the decline. I would suggest that bigger isn't better, when the owner isn't there, the staff may not be as diligent.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has to be nearing 100 years old.
This was from 1930.

Attachments

• ET604_SolomonsIsland_EvansPier.jpg
    ET604_SolomonsIsland_EvansPier.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,218

Midnightrider

I am pretty sure they put fish in their crab cakes. Definitely not the same quality you used to get.

SoMdDude

concur

Unfortunately a lot of restaurants live on because of their reputation, long after they have been on the decline. I would suggest that bigger isn't better, when the owner isn't there, the staff may not be as diligent.

Both of the Solomons Stoneys restaurants used to be my accounts for my old job 4 years ago until january of 2014, the owners were always there in the mornings when I would go in, at the pier location, they seemed like nice people... the manager (usually there) was a total bi*** though and seemed like she would rather be somewhere else and hated her job. Personally I am surprised it lasted as long as it did, but seems the integrity of the building was the main reason for the closing, but if it was so bad, why wasn't it shut down right away? Makes you go hmmmmm

sexy_pants

I heard they were offering all you can eat and drink on their last day for $50 (cash)

Yes, they did have it. I got the email a couple weeks prior with the start time being 12. I arrived with the hubby at 1 and they told me that it didn't start until 3. I showed them the email with the start time and apparently they sent out 2 emails with 2 different start times of 12 and 6, so they picked the middle time of 3. I asked them what the food was, which was covered on the table and bread sitting out for dip but they only knew of 2 items, crab balls and crab dip. They lost my $100. It was extremely unorganized and bull#### that they didn't honor their email.

Oh well, they're closed now........ :party:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, they did have it. I got the email a couple weeks prior with the start time being 12. I arrived with the hubby at 1 and they told me that it didn't start until 3. I showed them the email with the start time and apparently they sent out 2 emails with 2 different start times of 12 and 6, so they picked the middle time of 3. I asked them what the food was, which was covered on the table and bread sitting out for dip but they only knew of 2 items, crab balls and crab dip. They lost my $100. It was extremely unorganized and bull#### that they didn't honor their email.

Oh well, they're closed now........ :party:

Yeah, a friend was trying to get me to go to that and I was like, um no. They weren't that great when they actually had to keep a clientele so I can only imagine how bad it would be when they truly no longer give a damn. $50 a head for some crab dip and whatever liquor and beer they need to get rid of...no.

So when you say they lost your $100, does that mean you weren't out that money? I hope that's the case.

sexy_pants

Yeah, a friend was trying to get me to go to that and I was like, um no. They weren't that great when they actually had to keep a clientele so I can only imagine how bad it would be when they truly no longer give a damn. $50 a head for some crab dip and whatever liquor and beer they need to get rid of...no.

So when you say they lost your $100, does that mean you weren't out that money? I hope that's the case.

Yes, you are correct. They sat us and gave us regular menus. After sitting and waiting 5-10 minutes, a waitress came by and asked us what we wanted to drink. I told her that we were interested in the $50 AYCE/D (mainly Drink, lol) and she told me she didn't know what the food was or when it started or if it was just regular drinks or alcohol. I told her peace out and left and when we left i saw the girl who seated us and asked her and she knew a tad bit more. We opted to roll but would have stayed if they would have served us drinks until the buffet opened to just chill and relax. Oh well for them

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The reason they are closing is that the place is sinking.

Our favorite "bar on stilts" is Coles Point Tavern..and they are having some major structural issues with some of their pilings too. $$$$ to fix....