No Fly List ,All allowed to buy guns

BigBlue

NOVEMBER 20, 2015, 8:04 AM|Thousands on the government's terrorist watch list, which includes the “no-fly list," bought firearms in the last decade. All of those sales were legal. Bills to close that loophole have been introduced for eight years in a row now, but they've all failed. Supporters hope the terror attacks in Paris will be the push Congress needs to pass it. Nancy Cordes report.

Thanks to the NRA.:doh:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/nra-defends-allowing-people-on-no-fly-lists-to-buy-guns/

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, the issue is that pesky thing called the Constitution, and the whole "nation of laws" bit. In the name of security, we have traded away the freedom to hop on a plane any fly whenever, wherever, without the scrutiny of the govt. But that freedom, to fly around the country isn't one that's guaranteed, and so it's pretty easy to infringe the crap out of it. But thanks to, not the Evil NRA, but those bozos who founded the country, the freedom to keep and bear arms, that ones in writing and so a bit harder to just wipe away. Don't blame the NRA that the freedoms we enjoy were so firmly ensconced deep in our founding documents, thank them. You want to keep risky people from buying guns, make the govt actually prove they should not have them. Make that POS list something you could trust. you act like the No-Fly list is something handed down from above, when in fact it's so riddled with BS, while missing so many threat vectors, it's worthless.

This_person

Well, the issue is that pesky thing called the Constitution, and the whole "nation of laws" bit. In the name of security, we have traded away the freedom to hop on a plane any fly whenever, wherever, without the scrutiny of the govt. But that freedom, to fly around the country isn't one that's guaranteed, and so it's pretty easy to infringe the crap out of it. But thanks to, not the Evil NRA, but those bozos who founded the country, the freedom to keep and bear arms, that ones in writing and so a bit harder to just wipe away. Don't blame the NRA that the freedoms we enjoy were so firmly ensconced deep in our founding documents, thank them. You want to keep risky people from buying guns, make the govt actually prove they should not have them. Make that POS list something you could trust. you act like the No-Fly list is something handed down from above, when in fact it's so riddled with BS, while missing so many threat vectors, it's worthless.

I fully agree with the sentiment of this entire post. I will pick one nit - the right to fly any where, any time, actually is promised in the constitution via the 9th and 10th amendments. The 9th says that the enumeration of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people, and the 10th says that the powers not delegated to the federal government belong to the states and/or the people. In other words, the constitution specifically limits the power of the federal government. The TSA and all actions taken to limit people from flying seem to be beyond the scope of anything in Article 1, Section 8 that I can find, or anywhere else for that matter. That the laws exist do not make them inline with the Constitution.

However, I am not saying this as an argument to your overall point. I agree with it.

dan0623_2000

Very well put. It is a shame so many people will not even bother to read it.

Chris0nllyn

A no-fly list simply means people aren't allowed to board commercial flights. Many people on the list don't even know they are on it.

You do realize that there are many ways to et on the no-fly list, like traveling to certain countries, things you have said, someone with a similar name as you, refusing to become an FBI informant, clerical error, controversial social media posts, and obviously things like ties to terrorism and law enforcement issues.

Simply being on the list doesn't mean you've broken any law barring you to own a gun.

BigBlue

Did you click on the link?

glhs837

Power with Control
Did you click on the link?

Do I need to? OPs point seemed pretty clear. My rebuttal was too. Using a questionably produced "watch" list to take away someones constitutionally protected rights would be wrong. Do they lose their right to speak too?

CrashTest

The Paris attackers had explosives and hand grenades. Can I buy some hand grenades legally? That would be cool on the 4th of July to let off some hand grenades down in the cul-de-sac.

black dog

Free America
NOVEMBER 20, 2015, 8:04 AM|Thousands on the government's terrorist watch list, which includes the “no-fly list," bought firearms in the last decade. All of those sales were legal. Bills to close that loophole have been introduced for eight years in a row now, but they've all failed. Supporters hope the terror attacks in Paris will be the push Congress needs to pass it. Nancy Cordes report.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/nra-defends-allowing-people-on-no-fly-lists-to-buy-guns/

If you don't like the laws, I would suggest you roll over to Stenys house and you two can work together and get some of these stupid Constitutional issues changed.
You just head north and turn right at Capt Leonard's on New Market Turner Rd go about two miles and turn right on Parlett Morgan Rd, about 1/2 a mile when the road curves right he lives in the brick rancher on the left. Don't mind the Trooper parked there, just tell him you are making a delivery from Popeye's.

Last edited:

nutz

Nancy Feinstein, the pillar of everything. :sarcasm:

Did some hunters make you squeal like a pig, is that why you despise the NRA? Or does not knowing which neighbor has guns keep you from breaking into their place?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Did some hunters make you squeal like a pig, is that why you despise the NRA? Or does not knowing which neighbor has guns keep you from breaking into their place?

B Cubed is all for ownership with strong restrictions ... 3 rnd magazines, no Ar-15's AK-47's ... only sporting arms and shot guns, revolvers, no Glocks or Sig Sauers

BigBlue

If you don't like the laws, I would suggest you roll over to Stenys house and you two can work together and get some of these stupid Constitutional issues changed.
You just head north and turn left at Capt Leonard's on New Market Turner Rd go about two miles and turn right on Parlett Morgan Rd, about 1/2 a mile when the road curves right he lives in the brick rancher on the left. Don't mind the Trooper parked there, just tell him you are making a delivery from Popeye's.

You really think others don't know where he lives?:gossip:

glhs837

Power with Control

Well, what have I missed? Educate me on where you think I am wrong. It's a no-fly list, not an arrest list. Takes more than a vague suspicion to take away someone's Constitutional rights. Please explain why that should not be so. All I heard was "Lets use the word terrorist to get people scared enough to let us takes peoples rights without due process". And that's not acceptable.

tblwdc

You just head north and turn left at Capt Leonard's on New Market Turner Rd go about two miles and turn right on Parlett Morgan Rd, about 1/2 a mile when the road curves right he lives in the brick rancher on the left. Don't mind the Trooper parked there, just tell him you are making a delivery from Popeye's.

If you are traveling North, you turn right dumbass.

edinsomd

Well, what have I missed? Educate me on where you think I am wrong. It's a no-fly list, not an arrest list. Takes more than a vague suspicion to take away someone's Constitutional rights. Please explain why that should not be so. All I heard was "Lets use the word terrorist to get people scared enough to let us takes peoples rights without due process". And that's not acceptable.

Hmmm, you mean something like, "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury..."

Sounds like BB is all for taking 5th amendment rights away to violate the 2nd! Isn't that cute?

Amused_despair

Hmmm, you mean something like, "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury..."

Sounds like BB is all for taking 5th amendment rights away to violate the 2nd! Isn't that cute?

Couldn't this argument also be used against the "no-fly list"?