Introducing the PieCaken!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I also saw something about lamb stuffed in a pig that was stuffed in a cow. Nope.

jrt_ms1995

I also saw something about lamb stuffed in a pig that was stuffed in a cow. Nope.

No, no, no, that was an oyster in a fish in a chicken in a lamb in a pig in a cow in an elephant in a blue whale; full cycle - sea, air, land and back to the sea! If you can eat it all, you're burial is free!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
piecaken.jpg

This is a chocolate fudge cake stuffed with a cherry pie, covered in ganache, and later it will be garnished with cherry pie filling and whipped cream. I'll post pics when we cut it so you can see the inside.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
piecaken2.jpg

This was a huge hit. Easily the most popular dessert, and I made a killer pumpkin pie with gingersnap crust AND a pecan pie, too, so it should have had competition.

Super easy to make.

1 store bought 8" cherry pie
1 box of chocolate fudge cake mix

Make the cake batter according to the directions. Pour half the batter into a Pam-sprayed springform pan; set the pie on top of the batter; cover the pie with the remaining batter. Try to keep it even - the pie will stick up out of the batter, don't worry about that.

Bake at 350 for about an hour.

Let it cool for a bit, then remove the pan sides and cool completely. <--This will take longer than you think because the pie holds its heat. Monello made a chocolate ganache that we poured over it, and I served it with fresh whipped cream and more cherry pie filling. It was a fun conversation piece before it was quickly devoured.

View attachment 110734

This was a huge hit. Easily the most popular dessert, and I made a killer pumpkin pie with gingersnap crust AND a pecan pie, too, so it should have had competition.

Super easy to make.

1 store bought 8" cherry pie
1 box of chocolate fudge cake mix

Make the cake batter according to the directions. Pour half the batter into a Pam-sprayed springform pan; set the pie on top of the batter; cover the pie with the remaining batter. Try to keep it even - the pie will stick up out of the batter, don't worry about that.

Bake at 350 for about an hour.

Let it cool for a bit, then remove the pan sides and cool completely. <--This will take longer than you think because the pie holds its heat. Monello made a chocolate ganache that we poured over it, and I served it with fresh whipped cream and more cherry pie filling. It was a fun conversation piece before it was quickly devoured.

Mine didn't turn out so good. The aluminum pie pan from the cherry pie hurt my fillings.