Hory Crap

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Not a thing to worry about. Global Warming is our greatest danger.

Good point. President MomJeans just said we'll beat ISIS with some solar panels. I guess we could take out China with a couple wind turbines...

Hijinx

Good point. President MomJeans just said we'll beat ISIS with some solar panels. I guess we could take out China with a couple wind turbines...

Maybe they can fire these things from the Coral Reef Islands they have built.

Building an island out of a Coral Reef must be great for the Global Environment. Anybody hear Obama complaining to them about it?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Maybe they can fire these things from the Coral Reef Islands they have built.

Building an island out of a Coral Reef must be great for the Global Environment. Anybody hear Obama complaining to them about it?

Of course not...the islands will have VIP golf courses.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Light from lasers will always be faster than missiles -- ONR is working on some pretty cool stuff and I'm sure the secret stuff is far beyond what I know about. But can a ground/ship-based laser target an ICBM before MIRVs break out? How about space-based lasers?

Come on scoop, I'm throwing you a softball so you look smart. What are your thoughts?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Light from lasers will always be faster than missiles -- ONR is working on some pretty cool stuff and I'm sure the secret stuff is far beyond what I know about. But can a ground/ship-based laser target an ICBM before MIRVs break out? How about space-based lasers?

Come on scoop, I'm throwing you a softball so you look smart. What are your thoughts?

ONR has been one of my companies best customers since 2000. Sure...I'm going to talk about the work. But beyond that ...our technologies are generally all "platform focused"..the various systems that are proposed to be mounted or deployed on those platforms are made by others.

Keep your softballs...you haven't a clue.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
ONR has been one of my companies best customers since 2000. Sure...I'm going to talk about the work. But beyond that ...our technologies are generally all "platform focused"..the various systems that are proposed to be mounted or deployed on those platforms are made by others.

I wasn't asking about your portfolio, nor does it impress me. I was wondering about the ability of a 350kw laser's ability to target an ICBM from a ship or ground station.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wasn't asking about your portfolio, nor does it impress me. I was wondering about the ability of a 350kw laser's ability to target an ICBM from a ship or ground station.

Maybe I thought you were smart enough to ask someone dealing with laser weapons. Me..I deal with advanced ship designs and construction.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
yep...just boats. Boring stuff. Like this one, for example. Slow....with a top speed of only 65 knots...carrying 8 anti-ship missiles..and 76mm rapid fire deck gun...

Skjold.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Skjold off island.JPG Seen here off in the Potomac just off of St. George's Island running alongside a prototype hydrofoil we built...(me at the helm)... Good times..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ah yes, the "Shield" from the Royal Norwegian Navy. Nicely done, impressive boat.

Spent 8 years of my career getting the prototype built and tested. Total of 6 in service now..I'm headed to the yard in two weeks for the current project.

Shot taken from the conference room in the office building Skjold class at Umoe.jpg ...as one of the Skjold-class vessels was leaving dock.