Report your neighbors for suspicious activities.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link

"GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump said late Tuesday that everyday Americans should monitor their neighbors for questionable behavior. “The real greatest resource is all of you, because you have all those eyes and you see what’s happening,” he told listeners in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

“People move into a house a block down the road, you know who’s going in,” Trump continued. "You can see and you report them to the local police.

“You’re pretty smart, right?” he asked his audience. "We know if there’s something going on, report them. Most likely you’ll be wrong, but that’s OK.

“That’s the best way. Everybody’s their own cop in a way. You’ve got to do it. You’ve got to do it.”

Trump’s remarks expand on his recent calls for surveillance of America’s mosques for potential terrorism.
He also criticized President Obama late Tuesday for not monitoring the nation’s Islamic worship centers for extremism.

“There’s something going on in the mosques and other places,” Trump said. "There’s some nastiness, there’s some meanness there.".....>

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I don't see this as any different than the "See something, say something" meme. Both sound like Nazi Germany to me.

Hijinx

I don't see this as any different than the "See something, say something" meme. Both sound like Nazi Germany to me.

Trump says a lot of stupid things.It's one reason I do not like him as a candidate for President.
In fact he may be doing it on purpose to bring his polls down so he can get out.
I have always thought he was playing a game.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Trump says a lot of stupid things.It's one reason I do not like him as a candidate for President.

Actually, that is precisely the reason I registered R so I can support him in the primary and all the way to the WH. President Trump just might be the genesis of the flushing of the effluvia from the system. I kinda doubt it, but watching his him will be like watching Idiocracy. I like that movie a lot, so I stand to laugh a lot. Laughter is the best medicine.

Hijinx

Actually, that is precisely the reason I registered R so I can support him in the primary and all the way to the WH. President Trump just might be the genesis of the flushing of the effluvia from the system. I kinda doubt it, but watching his him will be like watching Idiocracy. I like that movie a lot, so I stand to laugh a lot. Laughter is the best medicine.

Well I laugh at most of your posts, so you are right there it is the best medicine.
By the way this one is really humorous.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria

Effluvia is Trump's middle name.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

1-888-xxx-TIPS ... wasn't that used during the Bush Administration
also IIRC they wanted to sign up postal workers, UPS Drivers and others to file reports if they saw something in there daily activities

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
MD road signs post the See Something, Say Something message all the time. It doesn't hurt to be vigilant. IIRC 1 of the NYC plots was foiled by street vendors that noticed something out of the ordinary.

CrashTest

From Barry's DHS website...

Report Suspicious Activity

Prompt and detailed reporting of suspicious activities can help prevent violent crimes or terrorist attacks. If you see suspicious activity, please report it to your local police department. Local law enforcement officers can respond quickly. Once they assess the situation, they can obtain additional support.

Hijinx

Being vigilant and ratting out your neighbors are two vastly different things.

https://www.rt.com/usa/man-fire-police-hose-696/

for an example of how things can go badly wrong.

He was spraying his own home. Exactly the right thing to do. Try to keep the fire from expanding to your own home.
What is wrong with police when their orders countermand common sense and they tase a person.
What a stupid decision that was. I hope this guy wins the suit, if he brings one.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
He was spraying his own home. Exactly the right thing to do. Try to keep the fire from expanding to your own home.
What is wrong with police when their orders countermand common sense and they tase a person.
What a stupid decision that was. I hope this guy wins the suit, if he brings one.

The linked article quotes his lawyer.

I hope he wins big and the toady cops are fired and tried for assault.